become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bristol/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Bristol: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: South West: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Science and Environment
Avon Wildlife Trust
- Voluntary group which manages eight wildlife reserves in Bristol and others in the former county of Avon: membership details, news, activities, diary, school visits and contact information.
Bristol Festival of Nature
- Annual celebration of nature for the public. Includes news, festival and conference information.
Bristol Friends of the Earth
- Local branch of environmental campaign organisation. News, events, membership details.
Bristol Naturalists' Society
- Promotes education and research into natural history, including geology, with special reference to the local district: history, membership information, meetings, publications, library, archives and links.
- Yahoo! group featuring discussion on local wildlife issues.
Centre for Sustainable Energy
- CSE has three core aims, to promote energy efficiency and sustainable energy policy, to alleviate fuel poverty and promote affordable warmth and to promote a better understanding of sustainable energy development, from the community through to government.
- Environment centre located in Hotwells, providing a home for the City Council's Sustainable Development Unit and many environmental charities: services, opening hours, location, contact details, partner organisations.
Friends of Troopers Hill
- Group of those who support a haven for wildlife in St George, east Bristol, on a hillside overlooking the River Avon. Information about Trooper's Hill and the activities of the group.
Malago Valley Conservation Group
- A voluntary group which covers south-west Bristol - the BS13 area: programme, links, publications, projects, contact details.
Narroways Millennium Green Trust
- An environmental charity in Bristol which manages an open space in the St.Werburghs area of the city called Narroways Hill, which is rich in wildlife.
One World Wildlife
- Local conservation charity that undertakes and supports ecological research, sustainable development initiatives and environmental education projects: profile, news, and contact information.
- Includes news, information on recycling, re-use and reduction of waste materials, projects and resources.
South West England Environmental Trust
- Bristol based organisation which distributes funds from the Landfill Tax Credit Scheme for investment in various environmental, educational and research schemes throughout the region: information, reports and links.
- Local voluntary group that promotes car free street events: news, events, photo gallery, contact details.
- A civil engineering charity which designs and builds routes for cyclists, walkers and people with disabilities. Sustrans is promoting a 6,500-mile National Cycle Network for the UK.
Victoria Park Wildlife Group
- A group of local residents who help to improve Victoria Park, Bristol, for people and wildlife.
Windmill Hill City Farm
- Information about the work of the farm, cafe, community education, play centre, and adventure playground.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 17, 2012 at 5:54:03 UTC -