become an editor
the entire directory
only in Business_and_Economy/Organisations
Business and Economy
Market Research Organisations
Regional: Europe: Business and Economy: Organizations
Aluminium Stockholders Association
- Describes the organisation, its objectives and membership. Provides information about aluminium, market data, news, events and a members' area.
Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR)
- Represents organisations which recruit and employ graduates or which offer services in connection with graduate recruitment. AGR is increasingly involved with research in and around the recruitment needs of employers. Established in 1968.
The Association of Personal Assistants
- Professional body representing the needs of PAs. Provides information on the Association, how to join, the code of professional practice, careers, news and training.
Basement Information Centre
- National centre for information about the development and use of basements. Includes publication details, products and services and a forum.
The BioIndustry Association
- Encouraging and promoting the biotechnology sector of the UK economy. Membership, events, committees, regulations, publications, NewsCAST, BIA Bulletin and News from the Net.
British Academy of Management
- Describes the organisation and its objectives and gives information about activities, membership and fellowship, journal, conferences and constitution.
The British Computer Society
- Chartered professional institution for the field of information systems engineering, and exists to provide service and support to the IS community. Details on membership, qualifications and resources.
British Woodturners Association
- List of members and the products they manufacture.
Building Societies Members Association
- News and issues relating to building society membership. They aim to promote mutual status of societies.
Business in the Community
- A movement of businesses committed to continually improving their positive impact on society through corporate social responsibility.
- The Confederation of British Industry is one of the UK's leading independent employers' organisation. Representing over 250,000 public and private sector companies.
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Education and qualification body representing purchasing and supply chain professionals. Includes details of membership, training, resources, local branches, news and forum.
The Consumer Protection Association
- Independent body offering a range of services designed to offer the purchaser of home improvements valuable protection and peace of mind. Information on organisation and search facility for approved contractor.
Corporate Research Forum
- Aims to shape decision-making, policy-setting, good practice and performance standards in member organisations with support from our associate companies. Includes details of membership, research, events and a members-only area.
Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA)
- Trade association of companies specialising in planning and installing home cinema. Includes list of members.
- National strategic body for design. Explains the purpose of the organisation, provides a knowledge resource, offers information on current projects and practical help for businesses and designers.
EEF: The Manufacturers' Organisation
- Industry body for engineering and manufacturing employers, offering support on employment law, employee relations, health and safety, skills and environmental management.
Food and Drink Federation
- Body representing the UK food and drink manufacturing industry. FDF works with government, NGOs and consumers to develop industry positions on issues and renew confidence in the food chain.
Forum of Private Business
- Aims to influence laws and policies affecting small-medium sized businesses. With membership information, research resources, documents for download and news.
Gay Business Association
- Chamber of commerce type organisation for gay and lesbian run businesses. Directory of members, membership information, events, and newsletter.
Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors (IAEA)
- Features a guide and members search.
Institute of Diagnostic Engineers
- Professional institute for people who are concerned with servicing and maintenance of machines and structures, and the effectiveness or engineering of industrial systems. Training, networking, information sharing and updating.
The Institute of Directors (IOD)
- UK Organisation representing individual company directors.
Institute of Marine Engineers (IMarE)
- Information about the Institute and its activities.
The Marketing Society
- Network of senior marketers. Provides information on the society, membership, events, development programmes, knowledge resources and a video library.
NAFLIC (National Association for Leisure Industry Certification)
- A forum in which representatives of the fairground and theme park industries, manufacturers and inspectors establish codes of practice to improve standards of safety, engineering excellence, testing and certification.
National Home Improvement Council
- Trade association lists member companies and organisations that work in the home improvement sector, and offers advice on improving and modernising homes.
National Microelectronics Institute
- Not-for-profit organisation promoting the operation and growth of the microelectronics industry in the UK and Ireland. Information on the organisation, industry and members.
- Careers details, news, membership and events. Includes a forum and link to the South African branch.
Pacific Asia Travel Association UK Chapter
- Formed to contribute to the growth and development of travel and tourism in the Pacific Asia area. Membership details and 'ask the expert' forum.
Plastics and Board Industries Federation
- Overview of the federation, membership information and benefits, publications and index of members and their products and services.
Royal Town Planning Institute
- Information about the Institute and the planning profession, with details of publications, awards and policy.
Social Enterprise Coalition
- National organisation promoting businesses set up to tackle a social or environmental need. Includes a profile and information on policies, campaigns and events.
Social Firms UK
- Resources for social firms which employ people with disabilities and disadvantages in the open labour market.
- Europe's largest organisation dedicated to the promotion of teleworking. Details of membership requirements, news, events and jobs, with publications, ezine and online shop.
Transport Container Standardisation Committee (TCSC)
- A UK nuclear industry club concerned with containers for transporting nuclear materials. Codes of practice and relevant papers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 14, 2013 at 0:44:25 UTC -