become an editor
the entire directory
only in Beer/Independent_Breweries
Business and Economy
Food and Related Products
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Food and Related Products: Beverages: Beer: Independent Breweries
Recreation: Food: Drink: Beer: Brewers
- Located in Bath, England. Produces a golden hoppy traditional best bitter called Bellringer.
- A traditional brewer of classic English beer. Information on the beer and brewery, plus recent TV commercials.
- A family brewery in Swindon since 1843, producing real ales from ingredients produces on Arkell's own farm. Includes a virtual tour of the steam brewery.
- Brewers of Light, Blonde and Dark cask and bottled ales. Visitor centre. Situated on the Isle of Arran, Scotland.
Aston Manor Brewery
- Producer of ciders, ales, and lagers, located in Birmingham.
- Brewery in Barnstaple, Devon, with a range of cask and bottled ales.
- Batemans of Wainfleet, Lincolnshire
- Small family brewery in Brierly Hill, West Midlands, established in 1877, and brewing a best bitter and mild ale.
- The official brewery web site. Scottish cask conditioned ales plus beers and lagers.
- A Kentish strong ale brewed by Shephard Neame in Faversham, Kent. Description, history, annual blessing of the hops, packaging, testimonials, brewing charter, and brewing process.
Black Sheep Brewery
- Paul Theakston's (of "Old Peculiar" fame) new brewery, located in Masham, North Yorkshire. Produces draught and bottled traditional ales including Riggwelter, Yorkshire Square Ale and Black Sheep Best Bitter. Brewery Tour.
- The national brewer of Wales, based in Cardiff. Includes details of the pubs, the beers and the brewing process.
- Brewer of a variety of bottled and draught beers. Located in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.
The Brakspear Brewing Company
- Brew and sell the Brakspear beer brands. Contact and product details.
- Robert Cain's Liverpool based brewery producing a range of award winning draught, bottled and canned ales.
- Large brewery in Edinburgh, producing a range of cask, bottled and canned beers.
- The largest independently owned, family run brewery in the country, (in Bedford), with a range of award-winning ales and lagers - principally Bombadier and Eagle Bitter. Also brews Red Stripe Lager, Kirin Lager Beer and Cobra under licence.
- One of the oldest and most successful small breweries in the West Country, Located in Wiveliscombe, Somerset, brewing traditional beers for around 200 pubs in Somerset and Devon.
Country Life Brewery
- Produces beers using traditional brewing techniques. The brewery shop is based in North Devon and sells various bottles and kegs of ales and cider.
Daniel Thwaites Brewery
- Long established family run brewery in Blackburn, Lancashire, producing cask, freeflow and keg beers. Contact details.
- Brewers of traditional ales, in one of the remotest areas of Britain - Dent in the Yorkshire Dales. Three bottle/draught beers are regularly produced - Ramsbottom, T'owd Tup and Kamikaze.
Everards Brewery Limited
- Independent family owned brewery at Narborough, Leicester, brewing four cask conditioned ales for its large estate of pubs in the Leicester area. The best selling ale is Tiger Best Bitter.
Exmoor Ales Ltd
- Somerset's oldest brewery, at Wiveliscombe, brewing a range of cask conditioned and bottled ales.
The Felinfoel Brewery Company
- Family owned brewery at Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, which is the oldest in Wales. Supplies cask ale to its own houses, and the free trade. Produces three cask and three smooth ales.
Fuller Smith & Turner (Fullers)
- Chiswick, London based independent brewers of a large range of real ales in cask, bottles and cans.
- 15-barrel brewery based in Ryde, Isle of Wight, producing a range of award winning ales for distribution throughout the island.
Greene King Brewery
- Pub retailer and brewer based in Bury St Edmunds. Includes news, shop, vacancies and brand information.
- Little Eccleston, Preston, England brewer. Descriptions of beers and history.
- Sussex's oldest independent brewery founded in 1790 and still brewing traditional draught 'Sussex' beers. Based in Lewes, East Sussex. Online shopping.
Hogs Back Brewery
- Brewers of award winning daught and bottled ales in the new purpose built brewery at Tongham, Surrey. Brewery tours and shop. Online shopping. Beers include 'Hair of the Hog' and 'Rip Snorter'.
- Brewers of cask conditioned and bottle conditioned ales at Salisbury, Wiltshire. Brands include 'Summer Lighting' which has won many awards. Eight tied houses. Brewery tours.
- Independent family brewery in Manchester. Supplies cask ales to all but one of its 69 tied houses. Guided brewery tours.
J.W.Lees & Co. (Brewers) Ltd.
- JWLees have been an independent brewery brewing in Manchester since 1828. Core brands are bitter, lager and cask ales.
- The Lake District brewer and pub operator. Traditional beers are produced at their brewery in Cockermouth, Cumbria, which also offers brewery tours.
Joseph Holt Ltd
- Manchester based offering information on products, pubs, food, drink and news.
Kelham Island Brewery
- Brewery in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, - the City's largest remaining brewery, producing award winning cask conditioned, real ale. Beers include 'Pale Rider', 'Easy Rider', and 'Pride of Sheffield'.
- Independent brewers of real ales. Information about beers produced, and contacts.
- Brewing since 1834 in Burton on Trent. Descriptions of beers, news, multimedia, and cricket promotion.
- Well established brewers based in Sudbury, Suffolk, and supplying the East Anglia area with traditional ales. Many awards including CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain 1991/92 for 'Black Adder'.
- The famous brand 'Double Maxim Brown Ale' has been purchased by two of the ex-directors of the former Vaux Brewery, who have now formed the Double Maxim Beer Company Ltd, based in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear.
- London brewer. Company information, beer descriptions, retailer and importer lists.
- Brewery established in 1982 in Melksham, Wiltshire, to brew traditional bitter, conditioned in the cask. 13 pubs are owned, 12 selling cask ale. Uses malted Maris Otter barley grown in Wiltshire.
- Burnley, Lancashire, England. History, beers, pubs, distributor list, brewery tour information, and some history of the Pendle Witches.
- Brewery and onsite tap producing traditional Northumberland real ales. Beer descriptions, merchandise, information on annual beer festival, news, and history.
- The main brewery on the Isle of Man. Its history, the present modern brewery, a schedule of seasonal beers, tasting notes, tours of the brewery and branded merchandise.
The Orkney Brewery
- Producing cask and bottled beers, with product range, brewer biography, and list of awards. Based in the Orkney Islands, Scotland.
- Britain's old thatched brewery, in Bridport, Dorset. In operation since 1794, producing traditional ales for its 60 tenanted pubs and 100 free trade outlets. Also produce the bottle conditioned 'Palmers 200' and 'Tally Ho!'.
- Originally a microbrewery, but now a small national brewer based in Ringwood, Hampshire. Brewers of Best Bitter, Fortyniner, Old Thumper, Porter 4X, Boondoggle and 21 Not Out. Brewery tours.
- Stockport, Cheshire brewery producing Robinson's and Hartley's traditional cask ales. Brewery tours.
- Based in the Suffolk town of Bury St Edmunds. Details of products, company history and contact details.
Samuel Smith's Brewery
- Yorkshire's oldest brewery at Tadcaster, producing a variety of traditional ales, including organic beer and lager.
- Britain's oldest brewer, a family business brewing in Faversham, Kent since 1698. Produces cask and bottled ales, including 'Bishop's Finger' and 'Spitfire', which was awarded the coveted Gold Medal at the prestigious International Brewing Industry Awards.
St Austell Brewery
- Family brewery since 1851, based at St Austell, Cornwall, producing a range of cask ales. Supplied to 150 tied houses, and to the free trade. Visitor centre and brewery tours.
- Independent family owned producer of traditional cask ales since 1858, best known for its award winning 'Landlord' beer. Based in Keighley, West Yorkshire.
Tollemache & Cobbold Brewery
- Independent brewery based in Ipswich, producing cask and bottled beers. Better known as Tolly Cobbold, it is one of the oldest brewers in the country. Brewery tours.
- Independent brewer of real ales, which also bottles spring waters; information about their products, and ordering details.
- Information on a small independent brewery, their beers, and outlets.
- Hobgoblin pubs and Wychwood brewery.
Young & Co's Brewery
- Britain's oldest brewery at Wandsworth, South London, where beer has been brewed since 1581. Produces a range of cask and bottled ales, available at more than 1000 free trade outlets throughout the country. Brewery tours, branded merchandise and pub information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2014 at 9:13:22 UTC -