become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agriculture_and_Forestry/Associations
Business and Economy
Agriculture and Forestry
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Agriculture and Forestry: Associations
Forestry Trade Bodies
Association of Independent Meat Suppliers
- Provides information on this Association representing small and medium sized abattoirs, its aims and membership.
Border Union Agricultural Society
- Information about the society and events held. Contact details.
British Agricultural & Garden Machinery Association
- Trade association representing agricultural and garden machinery dealers in the UK.
British Association of Green Crop Driers
- Producers' association promoting the use of high temperature dried grass and dried lucerne as a natural feed for livestock. Includes producers, analyses, nutrition topics and members' area.
British Grassland Society
- Information on the society and membership, news, special interest groups and local societies.
British Potato Council
- A body that seeks to serve and develop the potato growing industry.
Country Land and Business Association
- Represents and supports owners of land and businesses in rural communities. Members area.
Farmers' Union of Wales
- An independent union to protect and advance the interests of those whose income is from Welsh agriculture.
FFA Farmers For Action
- Pressure group fighting for sustainable return, fair deals from the high street supermarkets, union reform, and to lobby government and the European parliament on issues relating to a sustainable agricultural industry.
Home Grown Cereals Authority
- Provides services for United Kingdom cereals and oilseeds industries to improve production, profitability and marketing. Research reports going back to 1995 can be ordered.
The Institute of Agricultural Secretaries & Administrators
- Professional body for farm secretaries and administrators, and anyone involved in rural business administration.
The Land Is Ours
- A landrights campaign based in Britain. Offers support for campaigns and campaign organisers.
The Meat and Livestock Commission
- Works with the British meat and livestock industry (cattle, sheep and pigs) to improve its efficiency and competitive position. Promotes products to the consumer at home and abroad.
National Farmers' Retail & Markets Association (UK)
- FARMA is a co-operative of farmers and producers selling on a local scale, and farmers' markets organisers. Provides information on these outlets, news, resources, events and a members area.
National Farmers' Union
- The principal UK body for those in the agricultural industry. General information and links.
The National Gamekeepers' Organisation
- The NGO represents professional gamekeepers in the UK. It provides a primary point of contact for the industry, provides information and assistance for members.
Organic Food Federation
- Organization offering BRC certification, promoting organic methods and maintaining high standards. Provides information on how to join, news, FAQ and downloads.
The Royal Agricultural Society of England
- Organisers of the Royal Show and the Town and Country Festival.
Scottish Fishermen's Federation
- Association to promote and support the interests of Scottish fishermen.
Society of Ploughmen
- Organisers of the annual British National Ploughing Championships. Information on the society, local and national ploughing competitions and the history of the plough.
Soil Association Certification Ltd.
- Standards and certification body. Campaigns for organic food, farming, products and sustainable forestry. Includes articles, forum, directory and news.
Tenant Farmers Association
- Represents the UK agricultural tenanted sector.
UK Irrigation Association
- Publishes journal, newsletters, organises conferences and meetings and training related to farming, horticulture and amenities. Includes industry directory, and membership details with contacts at Rushden, Northants.
Women's Food and Farming Union
- Promotes the exchange of ideas between the producer, the food industry and the consumer, to understand and address the concerns of consumers.
Yorkshire Agricultural Society
- Aims to improve agriculture in Yorkshire, organises the Great Yorkshire Show.
Young Farmers Clubs
- The national federation of Young Farmers Clubs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 14, 2013 at 1:25:08 UTC -