become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Libraries
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: Europe: Arts and Entertainment: Libraries
Association of Independent Libraries
- Directory and guide to the history and collections of independent subscription libraries.
The Birmingham & Midland Institute Library
- Book collection dating from 1799 and music library. Events, membership and location map.
- One of the world's oldest and most famous libraries at Oxford University.
British Library of Political and Economic Science
- As well as being the working library of the London School of Economics (LSE), the library serves as a national collection of material for research on Social Sciences.
British Library Public Catalogue
- A free service to allow you to find out what material is held in the major Reference and Document Supply collections of the British Library.
Chawton House Library & Study Centre
- Centre for the Study of Early English Women's Writing, 1600-1830, in Jane Austen's former home. Online texts, history and access.
- Founded in 1653 in Manchester, England and open free of charge. History, list of manuscripts and online catalogue.
- Unified access to the catalogues of some of the largest university research libraries in the UK and Ireland.
The Highgate Literary & Scientific Institution
- Private lending library in London including archives relating to Highgate Village and Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Description of collections and lecture programme.
Inner Temple Library
- A law library for Inner Temple members and for barrister members of the other Inns of Court. Includes a history of the Inner Temple.
Leadhills Reading Society
- The oldest subscription library in Britain. History of the library and the village, photographs and information for visitors.
Library| Queen Mary, University of London
- Presenting the library services available to QMUL students.
The Literary and Philosophical Society of Newcastle upon Tyne
- History and photographs of this subscription library offering books, magazines and CDs. Programme of free events and children's page.
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru, National Library of Wales
- Details of available documents, search the catalogues of the photographic, picture and prints collections.
The London Library
- Scholarly subscription library in central London collecting principally in the humanities. History, collections, membership information and online catalogue.
Marx Memorial Library
- Subscription lending library in London dedicated to Marxism and labour movements. Overview of collections, lecture programme and membership rates.
The National Art Library at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Detailed information about the institution's services, exhibitions, collections, research and education activities, and recent events. Site also provides access to online catalogues and databases. Located in London.
National Library of Scotland
- A complete list of Library catalogues and indexes, current exhibitions and a digital library.
National Marine Biological Library
- Based in Plymouth, south-west England, the NMBL contains one of the world's major collections of literature on aquatic sciences and fisheries, and acts as a marine biological sciences resource for the UK.
- Government site detailing the progress of the government's project to connect all public libraries to the Internet
Poetry Library Online
- World's largest public library devoted exclusively to modern poetry. Lost Quotation Noticeboard for when one can't remember what comes next.
The Portico Library and Gallery
- A subscription library in Manchester featuring 19th century literature, local school exhibits, artist submissions, and gallery.
Public Lending Right UK
- Provides information on the PLR Scheme. It provides advice on eligibility, registration and payment from government for the free lending of their books by libraries.
Science Museum Library
- Science Museum Library is a research library, open to the general public for reference. Our collections form a record of scientific, technological and medical change since the eighteenth century
The UK Public Libraries Page
- An exhaustive list of libraries, compiled by Sheila and Robert Harden with sites that make 'an effort to use the medium imaginatively' marked.
The Wellcome Library for the History and Understanding of Medicine
- Research library in London, open to the public free of charge. Catalogues of books, archives and images.
Whitby Literary & Philosophical Society Library & Archive
- History and description of the local history, maritime and geological collections of this English learned society.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2014 at 5:35:05 UTC -