become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Libraries
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: Europe: Arts and Entertainment: Libraries
Association of Independent Libraries
- Directory and guide to the history and collections of independent subscription libraries.
The Birmingham & Midland Institute Library
- Book collection dating from 1799 and music library. Events, membership and location map.
- One of the world's oldest and most famous libraries at Oxford University.
British Jigsaw Puzzle Library
- Lending library of handmade wooden jigsaw puzzles. 3,500 puzzles in current circulation. The club has been in existence since 1933.
British Library of Political and Economic Science
- As well as being the working library of the London School of Economics (LSE), the library serves as a national collection of material for research on Social Sciences.
British Library Public Catalogue
- A free service to allow you to find out what material is held in the major Reference and Document Supply collections of the British Library.
Chawton House Library & Study Centre
- Centre for the Study of Early English Women's Writing, 1600-1830, in Jane Austen's former home. Online texts, history and access.
- Founded in 1653 in Manchester, England and open free of charge. History, list of manuscripts and online catalogue.
- Unified access to the catalogues of some of the largest university research libraries in the UK and Ireland.
The Highgate Literary & Scientific Institution
- Private lending library in London including archives relating to Highgate Village and Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Description of collections and lecture programme.
Inner Temple Library
- A law library for Inner Temple members and for barrister members of the other Inns of Court. Includes a history of the Inner Temple.
Leadhills Reading Society
- The oldest subscription library in Britain. History of the library and the village, photographs and information for visitors.
Library| Queen Mary, University of London
- Presenting the library services available to QMUL students.
The Literary and Philosophical Society of Newcastle upon Tyne
- History and photographs of this subscription library offering books, magazines and CDs. Programme of free events and children's page.
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru, National Library of Wales
- Details of available documents, search the catalogues of the photographic, picture and prints collections.
The London Library
- Scholarly subscription library in central London collecting principally in the humanities. History, collections, membership information and online catalogue.
Marx Memorial Library
- Subscription lending library in London dedicated to Marxism and labour movements. Overview of collections, lecture programme and membership rates.
National Library of Scotland
- A complete list of Library catalogues and indexes, current exhibitions and a digital library.
National Marine Biological Library
- Based in Plymouth, south-west England, the NMBL contains one of the world's major collections of literature on aquatic sciences and fisheries, and acts as a marine biological sciences resource for the UK.
- Government site detailing the progress of the government's project to connect all public libraries to the Internet
Poetry Library Online
- World's largest public library devoted exclusively to modern poetry. Lost Quotation Noticeboard for when one can't remember what comes next.
The Portico Library and Gallery
- A subscription library in Manchester featuring 19th century literature, local school exhibits, artist submissions, and gallery.
Public Lending Right UK
- Provides information on the PLR Scheme. It provides advice on eligibility, registration and payment from government for the free lending of their books by libraries.
Science Museum Library
- Science Museum Library is a research library, open to the general public for reference. Our collections form a record of scientific, technological and medical change since the eighteenth century
The Wellcome Library for the History and Understanding of Medicine
- Research library in London, open to the public free of charge. Catalogues of books, archives and images.
Whitby Literary & Philosophical Society Library & Archive
- History and description of the local history, maritime and geological collections of this English learned society.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 17, 2016 at 22:11:02 UTC -