become an editor
the entire directory
only in Architecture/Historic_Buildings
Arts and Entertainment
Inns and Public Houses
Arts: Architecture: Archives
Arts: Architecture: History
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Construction and Maintenance: Materials and Supplies: Architectural Antiques
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: History: Heritage
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Travel and Tourism: Accommodation: Heritage
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
This category in other languages:
BBC: How We Built Britain
- Thousands of photographs and information on British architecture to accompany a series of television programmes celebrating a thousand years of Britain's buildings.
Bricks and Brass
- Guide to buying and restoring homes from the Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian periods. Style, products and services, information and guidance.
Castles Abbeys and Medieval Buildings
- Michael W. Cook's professional photographs and histories of abbeys, churches, manor houses and other medieval buildings in the UK, with sources and visitor information.
The Conservation Glossary
- Architectural, building and conservation terms explained by Neil Grieve of The Centre for Conservation and Urban Studies, University of Dundee.
Harris and Pearson Office Buildings
- Restoration project of the office buildings of the former Harris and Pearson Brickworks in Brettell Lane, Brierley Hill, West Midlands. Includes recollections of former workers.
The Heritage Trail
- Linda Lee and Laurie Jonas provide images, histories and commentary on historic buildings throughout Britain. Photographs, paintings and books for sale.
A History of British Architecture
- Adrian Tinniswood leads us past the changing face of British buildings from Medieval to Modern in this lively, illustrated section of the BBC's interactive history site.
Jewish Heritage UK
- Dedicated to caring for the historic buildings, sites and collections of Britain’s Jewish community. Includes the Survey of the Jewish Built Heritage in the UK and Ireland
Liam's Pictures from Old Books
- Scanned images and text extracts from out-of-copyright books, with a particular focus on castles, manors, stately homes, and abbeys of the British Isles, among other topics.
Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme
- An interim grant scheme which returns, in grant aid, the difference between 5% and the actual amount spent on VAT on eligible repairs to listed places of worship.
Medieval Architecture in Britain
- Plans and photographs from Alison Stones's Images of Medieval Art and Architecture. Accessible by clickable map or type of building.
Pavilions of Splendour
- Specialist agency for the sale of listed buildings gives details and colour pictures. Central register of listed buildings for sale. Guide to legislation on listed buildings.
Pevsner Architectural Guides
- This series of books describes historic buildings of all types for each county in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales; a complete list of titles with descriptions. Can order online.
Researching Historic Buildings in the British Isles
- Jean Manco's guide covers archives, maps, images, building types, ecclesiastical sources, bibliographies and styles. Also gives an introduction to the development of villages and towns.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 31, 2015 at 9:41:22 UTC -