become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Islam
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: Spain: Society and Culture: History: Islam
Emirate of Granada
Abraham Ibd Daud: On Samuel Ha-Nagid, Vizier of Granada
- An account of the life of a famous Jewish notable of Moslem Spain, Samuel HaLevi or Samuel HaNagid, who became chief minister at the court of Granada. From the Medieval Sourcebook.
Ibn Abd-el-Hakem: The Islamic Conquest of Spain
- A translated excerpt from the "History of the Conquest of Spain" by the Egyptian, Ibn Abd-el-Hakem (870 or 871 CE); from the Medieval Sourcebook.
Islam in Spain
- An overview of the Muslim presence in Spain.
Islamic Spain (711-1492)
- A history of Islam and Muslim culture in Spain; from the BBC.
Medieval Sourcebook: Arabs, Franks, and the Battle of Tours
- Translations of three accounts of the Battle of Tours in 732.
Medieval Sourcebook: Book of the Maghrib
- A translation of an excerpt from Ibn Said's "Book of the Maghrib" (13th century), describing Moorish culture and the divisions which were to allow Christian conquest of the area.
Medieval Sourcebook: Selections From Poetry of the Spanish Moors
- Translations of selections of Moorish poetry which survived the fall of Granada.
Muslim Spain and European Culture
- An account of the culture of Muslim Spain, and its influence on a wider Europe.
Swift Dawn, Long Sunset
- An online book by Adnan F. Anabtawi, covering the history and cultural achievements of the Arabs in Al-Andalus.
The American Academy of Research Historians of Medieval Spain
- Information about their activities, publications, reviews, and research resources.
The Library of Iberian Resources Online (LIBRO)
- A joint project of the American Academy of Research Historians of Medieval Spain and the University of Central Arkansas; makes available a range of online academic books, basic texts and sources in translation.
The Society for Spanish and Portuguese Historical Studies
- Information about their events, research activities, conferences and publications.
The Story Of Religious Controversy: Chapter XXV
- An account of the Moorish civilization in Spain, from an online book by Joseph McCabe.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:01:04 AM EST -