become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Russian_Federation
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: Russia: Society and Culture: History: Russian Federation
Conflict in Chechnya
This category in other languages:
Anatoliy Sergeevich Kulikov
- U.S. Army's biography of the former former head of Internal Forces of the USSR and Russia's chief of police after the fall of communism.
Civil War in Moscow
- A short history of the events in Moscow in October 1993. Includes links to photographs.
Economic Reform in Former Communist Systems
- A study of the problems of privatizing state enterprises in Russia and other East European countries.
General Igor Rodionov
- A U.S. Army biography of the life and military career of the Russian Minister of Defense.
Institute for the Study of Conflict, Ideology, and Policy
- Coverage of political, international, and security affairs in Russian Federation. Includes news, analysis, a journal, occasional papers, a searchable database of articles, and links to related papers.
The USSR in 1991: The Implosion of a Superpower
- A discussion and analysis of the Soviet Union's collapse in the early 1990s.
Who Lost Russia?
- A discussion of the failure of reform in many aspects of domestic politics and policy in Russia since the end of the Cold War. (January 08, 2000)
Vladimir Putin: Spy Turned Politician
- Article on a former KGB operative and the leading candidate in the 2000 Russian presidential elections. Discusses the dependency of his political popularity on Russia's military success in Chechnya. (January 01, 2000)
Pondering a Post-Cold War Meeting of the Minds
- A short essay on the many of the domestic problems facing the Russians since the collapse of communism and the end of the Cold War. (March 20, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 8, 2012 at 20:00:13 UTC -