become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_Sea/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: Science and Environment
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Coastal and Oceans
Management Unit of the North Sea Mathemetical Models
- A department of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, which models and monitors marine ecosystems, and represents Belgium in inter-governmental conventions. Information about the sea, environmental pressures, and their role and activities. [Multi-lingual]
- The Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) describes the status of the stocks and environmental problems of the UK fisheries.
North Sea and Skagerrak Strait
- An Atlas of Oceanic Internal Solitary Waves prepared for Office of Naval Research.
North Sea Flood of 1953 - Wikipedia
- Article on a major natural disaster which hit the coastlines of Belgium, Denmark, England, France, and the Netherlands 31st January - 1st February 1953; explains its causes, impact and discusses future risk.
North Sea Palaeolandscapes
- A project in the University of Birmingham (UK) to explore Late Quaternary and Holocene geology, and create models which may be used by the aggregates industry to plan extraction and mitigation strategies. Information about project, partners and publications.
North Sea Regional Advisory Council (NSRAC)
- Supports a sustainable marine environment. Includes list of meetings, members and publications.
Pro Sea Foundation
- Provides sustainability courses and workshops for the maritime and fishing sectors, schools, governmental agencies and businesses.
Seas At Risk
- The European association of non-governmental environmental organisations working to protect and restore to health the marine environment of the European seas and the wider North East Atlantic.
Scientists urge North Sea cod ban
- 'BBC News' article about The International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) recommending major cuts in the catches of fish including haddock and plaice. (June 07, 2007)
Lost World :: Warning from North Sea
- BBC report on how archaeologists are mapping a prehistoric "lost country" of hunter-gatherers, now hidden below the North Sea. (April 23, 2007)
Defending the North Sea
- Blog of a Greenpeace campaigning voyage to declare 40% of the North Sea a marine reserve. (September 24, 2004)
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 31, 2014 at 10:52:50 UTC -