become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe: Society and Culture: History
Society: History: By Region: Europe
Boris Meissner - Wikipedia
- German historian and international law specialist, whose thesis in 1954, provided legal proof that the occupation and annexation of the Baltic countries by the USSR was a violation of international law.
British Campaign in the Baltic 1918–1919 - Wikipedia
- An intervention which played a key role in enabling the establishment of the independent states of Estonia and Latvia. The Royal Navy denied the Bolsheviks the ability to move by sea and bombarded them on land in support of Estonian and Latvian troops.
Communism and Crimes against Humanity in the Baltic states
- Covers the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, genocide against Baltic people, persecution of Baltic culture and religion, economic and environmental destruction.
- A project aimed at making public KGB documents from the years of occupation of the three Baltic countries. [English, Russian]
Nationalities and Other Problems
- Describes the historic influx of ethnic groups of people and the changing balance of power throughout the years.
Occupation of the Baltic states - Wikipedia
- History of the occupations of the Baltics by the Soviets and Nazis starting with the German-Soviet Nonaggression pact in 1939 until the restoration of independence in 1991.
Singing Revolution - Wikipedia
- The events between 1987 and 1990 that led to the renewal of independence of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
The Forgotten Fleet - The Baltic Times
- The British navy's involvement in Baltic independence. (December 15, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 14:45:05 UTC -