become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regions/Baltic_Sea
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe
Regional: Europe: Regions: Nordic Countries
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Coastal and Oceans
This category in other languages:
- Aims to connect Baltic Sea states through cultural collaboration. Information about current and past projects.
Baltic 21 - An Agenda 21 for the Baltic Sea Region
- A regional process for sustainable development initiated by the member states of the Council of the Baltic Sea States.
Baltic 21 Institute for Sustainable Industry
- A network for universities, businesses and governments working for sustainable development of the industrial sector in the Baltic Sea region.
Baltic Development Forum
- A networking organization involving businesses, local governments and associations whose objective is further development of the region.
Baltic Environmental Atlas
- Interactive environmental maps of the Baltic Sea region. Themes, such as population density and land use, relate to human impact on the environment in the region.
- Pdf document detailing the development and history of lighthouses in the Baltic Sea. [PDF]
Baltic Sea Heritage Co-operation
- A regional project aimed to find and carry out possible actions for safeguarding and developing the common cultural heritage.
The Baltic Sea Information Centre
- A directory of websites about Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, and Russia with a focus on industry and commerce.
Baltic Sea Project
- UNESCO Associated Schools Project. Flagship project to awaken young people's interest in environmental issues, protection and sense of responsibility. Schools from Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia and Sweden take part.
Baltic SeaStates Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC)
- A political network of regional authorities below the national level of the countries in the Baltic Sea area.
Baltic Training Programme
- A programme to match students and their projects with host companies in other countries. Project details, news items, and contact details for offices in Sweden, Estonia, and Latvia. [English/Estonian/Latvian/Swedish/Russian]
Baltic University Programme
- Network of universities in the Baltic Sea region, coordinated by Uppsala University, Sweden. Focuses on questions of sustainable development, environmental protection and democracy.
Baltica Sea Forum
- An organization representing a group of companies, institutions and individuals aiming at promoting cooperation in the Baltic Sea region.
BCCA, Baltic Sea Chambers of Commerce Association
- An organisation of Chambers of Commerce in Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia and Sweden.
Coalition Clean Baltic (CCB)
- Non-profit association which aims to promote the protection and improvement of the Baltic Sea environment and natural resources. Unites organizations from Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Denmark, and Sweden.
Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS)
- Information about the history of the council, its organizational structure, basic documents, past and on-going co-operation efforts, and news and events and activities of the region.
- The design and planning of a fixed link between Denmark and Germany across the Fehmarnbelt. About the project, environmental impact, news articles, and contact details.
Great Northern War - Wikipedia
- Article about the war from 1700 to 1721 that ended the Swedish Empire and resulted in Russian domination over the Baltic sea area.
HELCOM - Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission
- The governing body of the Helsinki convention, whose goal is the protection of the marine environment of the Baltic Sea. Information about HELCOM, the convention, issues, and activities.
Maps of the Baltic Lands
- Maps of the region at various times from 1000 A.D. to 1809 A.D. From the Atlas to Freeman's Historical Geography, published in 1903.
Marine Protected Areas in the Eastern Baltic Sea
- Supports the designation of marine protected areas in the eastern Baltic Sea. Project description, activities and publications.
NGO Initiative for Baltic Sea Co-operation
- An initiative of several German NGOs, with a focus of human rights, culture, nature and the environment in the Baltic Sea area. [English, German]
- The company building the controversial German-Russian gas pipeline through the Baltic sea. Includes detailed map of the pipeline.
Nord Stream - Wikipedia
- Information about the German-Russian pipeline through the Baltic Sea, its environmental impact, the controversy it created and the political scandal surrounding former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder.
- Travel website focusing on tourism and business travel in the Baltics. Ferry schedules and pricing.
Union of the Baltic Cities
- A cooperation on a local level between cities surrounding or close to the Baltic Sea.
Wikipedia: Baltic Sea
- An article from this online encyclopedia created by a community of volunteers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 7, 2015 at 20:45:06 UTC -