become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: Latvia: Society and Culture: History
Regional: Europe: Regions: Baltics: Society and Culture: History
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe: Society and Culture: History
Society: History: By Region: Europe
This category in other languages:
Latvian Aircraft 1918 - 1940
- A collection of old photos and information about the history of Latvian aviation between the wars.
Latvian History of Culture in Images
- Database contains portraits from the collection of the Latvian National Library and of the Latvian State Historical Archives.
The Latvian Institute: Brief history of Latvia
- Gives information about ancient peoples who populated this region before 2000 BC, then the impact of German Christian crusaders during the 12th century, Polish and Swedish rule, Russian dominance and finally liberation.
Latvians.com: The Story of Latvia
- A reproduction of "The Story of Latvia - A Historical Survey" by Professor Dr. Arveds Svabe. Chapters begin with the end of the ice age, World War I, Latvian independence, World War II, and the Russian occupation. Published in 1949.
The Occupation Museum of Latvia
- Created to convey how the nation's citizens were affected during the several occupations that took place between 1940-1991. Page includes photos, description of services and VIP guest list.
Randburg.com: Latvian History
- Describes the influx of populations from the end of the Ice Age around 9000 BC , the pre-Baltic people in the 2nd millennium BC, until the 20th century. Page also discusses the political development, the Latvian language, education, religion, economy, and science.
Interview with the Latvian president Vike-Freiberga
- Gives information about the president's childhood and later exile to Canada during the second world war. Also, discusses details of her trip back to Latvia in 1988 and speeches that were made in favor of free nation. Page goes on to make a point about some missing historical documents that ended up in Moscow. (June 16, 2005)
U. S. Department of State: Latvia
- Features general information about the nation's geography, people government, economy, geography, history, politics, and travel information. (January 01, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:45:08 PM EDT -