become an editor
the entire directory
only in Latvia/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: Regions: Baltics: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
Institute of Physics at the University of Latvia
- Research center specializing in problems of magnetohydrodynamics(MHD) and heat and mass transfer. Includes list of publications and MHD conferences.
Inventions and Inventors of Latvia
- Features information about innovations, inventions and scientists from Latvians. Includes information about the nation's patent laws. [Latvian, English]
Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre
- Performs research and teaching in molecular biology, biochemistry and biotechnology. Located at the University of Latvia in Riga.
Latvian Council of Science
- Supports scientific research by conducting reviews and financing of promising new projects in Latvia. Page includes list of commissions and topic areas.
Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis
- Organic, bioorganic, organoelement, and physical organic chemistry and biological and pharmacological properties of synthesized compounds.
The Latvian Institute: Nature and Ecotourism
- Describes the terrain, plants and animals that are common in Latvia.
Latvian Museum of Natural History
- The oldest multidisciplinary museum of natural sciences in the Baltic countries.
Latvian Nature Fund
- Supports projects to protect Latvia's natural habitats. Page includes the foundation's history and organizational structure. [Latvian, English]
Mathematics in Latvia throughout the Centuries
- Covers the early mathematical development in the country, such as the use of geometrical symbols. Includes discussion of influential works of local mathematicians.
The Most Significant Inventions of Latvia
- Gives details on the major inventions of Latvia. Includes inventors, applications and properties.
PAIC Centre of Processes' Analysis and Research
- Private research institution committed to mathematical modeling and consulting in hydrology and engineering, as well as software development.
Pasaules Nature Funds
- Environmental conservation organization works with the World Wildlife Fund to preserve pristine natural areas in Latvia. Page includes list of programs and details about Lake Pape. [English, Latvian]
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 3, 2015 at 5:34:31 UTC -