become an editor
the entire directory
only in Latvia/Government
Embassies and Consulates
Regional: Europe: Government
Regional: Europe: Regions: Baltics: Government
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe: Government
Society: Government: Multilateral: Regional: Council of Europe
Society: Government: Multilateral: Regional: European Union
Society: Government: Multilateral: Regional: North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Society: Government: Multilateral: Regional: Schengen Convention
World: Latviski: Sabiedrība: Pārvalde
This category in other languages:
Business Register of Republic of Latvia
- Official state registration site for companies, except for those that are exempt by law. Page includes information on businesses within the country, legislation, and news. [English, Latvian, Russian]
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia
- Official government site provides news and information about the Cabinet of Ministers, the Prime Minister, and the State Chancellery. [English, French, Latvian, Russian]
Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia
- Includes general information about the bureau, statistical data, press releases and a catalogue of publications. [Latvian, English]
Chancery of the President of Latvia
- News and agenda of the nation's president. [Latvian, English, Russian]
CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Latvia
- List of government officials and their titles, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York.
Constitutional Court of the Republic of Latvia
- Reviews cases concerning violation of rights and personal freedoms of the citizens of Latvia as guaranteed by the constitution. Page gives historic background, case decisions and list of presiding judges.
ICL - Latvia Index
- Complete copies and links to the country's Constitution, along with related background, history and events, provided by International Constitutional Law.
Investment and Development Agency of Latvia
- Information about investment opportunities in Latvia and country economy.
- Legal information catalogue, which offers annotated information on Latvian and world legal documents. Searchable by resource type, subjects, language and regions. [Latvian, English]
Latvia Supreme Court
- Makes judicial rulings on cases that have moved up through the appeals process. These decisions are final and cannot be overturned. Explains the structure of the Supreme Court and the background of the chief justices.
- Non-profit organization established to provide information on Latvian society, culture, nature and history. Offers publications, in several languages.
Latvian Ministry of Education and Science
- Oversees the administration of the nation's educational programs. Includes the organizational structure, and related links. [Latvian, English]
Latvian Transatlantic Organization (LATO)
- A non-governmental group created on March 21, 2000 to promote Latvia's membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Includes news and activities as it relates to Latvia and NATO.
Ministry of Culture
- Includes description of the ministry's structure and some information about the Latvian culture and arts.
Ministry of Defence
- Elaborates and implements National defence policy. Contains press releases, information about the ministry, its policies, related legislation and military service.
Ministry of Economy
- Provides information about the structure of the ministry and reports on the state of the Latvian economy.
Ministry of Environment
- Concerned with environmental issues within the country. History of the department, organizational structure, legislation, publications, and coordination with the European Union (EU). [Latvian, English]
Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Latvia
- Includes information about the minister, economic indicators, national budget, tax system, and state aid qualifiers. [In Latvian and English]
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia
- Government department concerned with political and economic status within region and the world. Includes background of officials, local news, Baltic conferences, and information for travelers.
Ministry of Justice
- Implements the state policy in the field of justice. Bilingual page offering news, information about the ministry and the tasks it performs.
Ministry of Welfare
- Responsible for establishing social security. Offers detailed information about the ministry, its operations, budget and policies.
- A voluntary self defense formation, which aims to involve citizens in the defense of the country. [Latvian, English]
- Official site of the Latvian parliament. Page includes history, list of members, constitution, and building photo. [Latvian, English]
US Law Library of Congress - Latvia
- Annotated compendium of online sources providing access to primary documents, legal commentary and general government information about specific jurisdictions and topics.
World Legal Information Institute - Latvia
- Catalog and search facilities for over 500 databases from 55 countries including case-law, legislation, treaties, law reform reports, law journals, and other materials.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 20, 2015 at 11:20:45 UTC -