become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Environmental_Groups
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: Ireland: Science and Environment: Environmental Groups
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: Regional: Europe
Appropriate Roads Group
- Group dedicated to the overturning of a decision to build a dual carriageway between Cahir and Clonmel.
Conservation Volunteers Ireland
- An organisation of volunteers to work on conservation projects in Ireland, from part-days to weeks away. With information on membership and activities, schedules and contact details.
- An organisation which works in the area of trees, especially re. the replanting of Ireland with broadleaf trees. Describes basics of group and work, tree-sponsorship scheme and allows online joining; form for tree sponsorship available to print.
Environmental Pillar of Social Partnership
- An association of a number of environmental groups working together. Profile, issues and members.
Environmental Protection Agency
- Ireland's statutory body for the balanced and sustainable protection and management of the environment. Organisation history, workings, educational and technical material, notes on licencing and interactive water quality maps.
Friends of the Irish Environment
- A network of environmentally-concerned groups and individuals, offering detailed news, campaign information and archives on its work.
GRIAN, Greenhouse Ireland Action Network
- This climate change awareness and solutions-promoting network offer news, details of their work, how to help, press releases and a newsletter.
Irish Environmental Network
- Profile, members, issues and events.
Irish Peatland Conservation Council
- One of Ireland's leading environmental campaigning groups, with information on bogs, press releases, fundraising, education and contacts.
Irish Seedsavers Association
- This conservation organisation dedicated to the preservation of Ireland's special and disappearing varieties of fruit, grains and vegetables, provides background information, details of projects, membership and sponsorship notes, and event and contact data.
- This voluntary group, concerned with sustainable development and global deforestation outlines its mission, involvement with the Forest Stewardship Council, campaigns and exhbitions, and provides listings of timber suppliers and links.
Native Woodland Trust
- This group, which aims to protect remaining native woodlands, provides details about itself, its various campaigns, news and articles.
The Tree Council of Ireland
- The national umbrella group for organisations concerned with trees in Ireland, providing details of its work, members and publications, and contact information.
Wildwatch (The Irish Wildlife Trust)
- Formerly the Irish Wildlife Federation, this is a leading non-governmental conservation and environmental education and campaigning group. Site offers information on their structure, positions, joining up and affiliated bodies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, January 23, 2009 6:12:40 PM EST -