become an editor
the entire directory
only in Architecture/Historic_Buildings
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: Europe: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: Ireland
Art Deco Ireland
- Images and information on the Art Deco buildings of the whole of Ireland.
Centre for the Study of Historic Irish Houses and Estates
- The Centre is attached to the Department of History at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. Aims, benefactors, advisory committee, events and activities.
- Proposes policies and priorities for the identification, protection, preservation and enhancement of the national heritage. News, a bulletin board, publications and events.
Heritage of Ireland
- Interactive maps lead to photographs, descriptions and visitor information on historic sites, buildings, gardens and inland waterways managed by Dúchas, the Heritage Service.
Irish Architectural Archive
- A charitable company established in 1976 to collect and preserve the records of Ireland's architectural heritage and make them available to researchers.
Irish Georgian Society
- Ireland's architectural heritage society. Its interests have spread from Georgian to the conservation of distinguished examples of architecture of all periods in Ireland.
The Irish Landmark Trust
- A charity aiming to save smaller historic buildings at risk by restoration and conversion into self-catering holiday homes. Includes profile, properties and booking.
Mills and Millers of Ireland
- The Society for the Preservation of Ancient and Traditional Irish Mills links members and mill enthusiasts throughout Ireland and beyond. Events, membership, mill links, newsletter and list of mills open to the public.
National Inventory of Architectural Heritage
- An official online gazetteer of historic buildings in Ireland. For each there is an image and description. The database is searchable in several ways, including by map.
Researching Historic Buildings in the British Isles
- Jean Manco's guide covers archives, maps, images, building types, ecclesiastical sources, bibliographies and styles. Also gives an introduction to the development of villages and towns.
An Taisce: The National Trust for Ireland
- Concerned with conserving the best of Ireland's heritage, both built and natural. Policy, environmental programs, National Spring Clean, planning, events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 28, 2015 at 11:18:14 UTC -