become an editor
the entire directory
only in Greece/Government
Embassies and Consulates
Regional: Europe: Government
Society: Government: Multilateral: Regional: European Union
Society: Government: Multilateral: Regional: North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Society: Government: Multilateral: Regional: Schengen Convention
This category in other languages:
The Greek Ombudsman
- An independent authority that is empowered to investigate actions taken by the government that infringe upon the rights of individuals or of legal entities. Find out about the organization, its people, its mission and its protocol for registering and following through on valid complaints within its juristiction.
Athens-Macedonian News Agency
- Semi-official national news agency . Daily updated source for Greek foreign policy and political affairs plus news highlights from business, sport and culture.
Bank of Greece
- Central bank tasked with ensuring price stability in the country. Provides statistics and other data on the economic performance and prospects for the Greek economy. Also detailed information on the bank's history, organizational structure, assets and the euro.
CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Greece
- List of government officials and their titles, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York.
Computer Technology Institute
- Research and Development Institute under the supervision of the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs. On its site you can find an outline of the organizations history and structure, list of publications and description of current research projects.
Data Protection Authority
- Supervises the implementation of Act 2472/97 and the totality of regulations pertaining to the protection of the individual with respect to the processing of personal data.
- Agency responsible for seeking, promoting and supporting foreign direct investments into Greece. Useful financial and legal information about the regulations, procedures and the opportunities for business investments in Greece. (English, Greek)
- Useful information about the activities of the European Commission in Greece including details about key European issues such as the Euro and other initiatives.
Hellenic Centre for Marine Research
- A governmental research institution belonging to the General Secretariat of Research and Technology.
Hellenic Organization for Standardization
- Authority responsible for the formulation and publication of National Standards and ultimately their promotion and implementation in the community. Site information provides contact details, outlines participation in various research programs, publications and there are descriptions and map references for the various testing laboratories.
- Parliament of Greece. Information on members, committees, the parliamentary building in Athens. (Greek, English)
ICL - Greece Index
- Complete copies and links to the country's Constitution, along with related background, history and events, provided by International Constitutional Law.
National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR)
- Information about NCHR, national and international reports on the situation of human rights in Greece, annual reports of activities and a number of other documents covering specific cases. [Some documents available only in Greek.]
National Intelligence Service
- Information about the mission, the historical background, the structure and the legal status of the Hellenic National Intelligence Service.
National Resource Center for Vocational Guidance
- Provides information on vocational training and guidance in Greece; includes education, looking for employment and mobility.
National Statistical Service of Greece
- The official source of statistical information for nearly every activity of the Greek economy.
National Telecommunications and Post Commission
- National regulatory authority for the telecommunications and postal services market. Information on legislation, procedures, fees, related tenders, publications and proceedings. Also a database of licensed organizations.
- Government-sponsored agency working to prevent drug dependence and treat drug abusers. Includes contact information for local prevention and therapeutic centers, and list of sponsored activities.
- The Greek Payment Authority of the Common Agricultural Policy Aid Schemes; includes services and applications. (English, Greek)
Research and Technology Network
- State owned company (Ministry of Development - General Secretariat for Research and Technology - GSRT and the Ministry of Education) providing Internet services to the academic and research community.
US Law Library of Congress - Greece
- Annotated compendium of online sources providing access to primary documents, legal commentary and general government information about specific jurisdictions and topics.
Wikipedia - Karolos Papoulias
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the President of Greece.
World Legal Information Institute - Greece
- Catalog and search facilities for over 500 databases from 55 countries including case-law, legislation, treaties, law reform reports, law journals, and other materials.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 11, 2015 at 14:10:43 UTC -