become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Statesmen
Regional: Europe: Estonia: Society and Culture: History
Mart Laar - Wikipedia
- Historian and politician whose economic reforms lay the foundation of Estonia's post-independence economic miracle. Including the much famed flat-tax.
Otto Tief - Wikipedia
- Military commander during the Estonian war of independence and head of the short lived Estonian government that followed the Nazi retreat which was removed by force when the Soviet Union re-occupied Estonia. Deported to Siberia.
Otto Tief: A Swell Guy
- Head of the Estonian government that took office after the Nazis retreated from parts of Estonia and was overthrown by invading soviet troops in 1944.
Wikipedia - Arnold Rüütel
- Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Estonian SSR during the Soviet occupation from 1983 to 1991 and president of the independent Republic of Estonia from 1991 to 1992 and again from 2001 to 2006.
Wikipedia - Johan Laidoner
- Commander in chief of the Estonian army before the Second World War and ensuing Soviet occupation. He died in a prison camp in Russia.
Wikipedia - Konstantin Päts
- First president of the independent Republic of Estonia, prior to the Soviet occupation. He was deported by the Soviets.
Wikipedia - Lennart Meri
- Estonia's first elected president after Estonia regained its independence in 1991. President from 1992 to 2001 he has become a national icon.
Wikipedia - Toomas Hendrik Ilves
- Life and career of the President of the Republic of Estonia. The son of Estonian refugees in Sweden, he grew up in the United States and became President of Estonia in 2006.
World Statesmen - Estonia
- Chronological overview of Estonian history and statesmen.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2014 at 21:05:11 UTC -