become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Central America: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Amnesty International - Nicaragua
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Nicaragua Human Rights
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
Circulo de Amigas - Circle of Friends
- Offers training and medical aid to poor women and children; profile of staff, online donations, and contact information.
Directory of Development Organizations - Nicaragua
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
El Arbol Foundation
- Overview of effort training women to support themselves in wood and metal industries, projects for disabled women, and support network; newsletter and email contact. [English/Spanish/Dutch]
- Organization supports sustainable development with a priority of simple potable water projects; includes news, travel, and contact information.
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Nicaragua
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Fabretto Children's Foundation
- Fundraising groups in the US and Spain which support programs for low-income Nicaraguan children through after-school programs. They describe their work and how to donate or volunteer. [English/Spanish]
Leicester Masaya Link Group
- Overview of the organization and its projects to help relieve poverty.
Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos Nicaragua
- NGO caring for orphaned and abandoned children. Includes mission, news, gifts, and opportunities to help and volunteer.
OneWorld US - Nicaragua
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
Partners in Health
- Organization providing health care. Includes history, staff, projects, and message board.
Peace and Hope Trust
- An NGO which is involved in education, agriculture, and social services development projects on the Atlantic coast gives information about its history, staff, and volunteer opportunities.
- Non-profit organization working with the people of Nicaragua.
Sí a la Vida - The Nicaragua Street Kids Project
- Offers information about project, newsletter, facilities, volunteering, and contact information.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Nicaragua
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Nicaragua
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Viva Nicaragua !
- Collaborates with institutions and organizations in the southwest of Nicaragua to meet volunteer and internship needs. Includes FAQ and special programs.
Wisconsin Coordinating Council on Nicaragua (WCCN)
- Overview of organization and its efforts in promoting social and gender justice with projects and coffee sales.
BBC News: Getting food to Miskito Indians
- Photos and brief commentary from Sabrina Quezada of the World Food Programme. (January 01, 2005)
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2014 at 9:35:04 UTC -