become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Central America: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Amnesty International USA - Honduras Human Rights
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
Association for a More Just Society
- A Christian advocacy organization working for social justice and the rights of the poor in Honduras.
- Focuses on social and economic development by supporting programs in health, education, and the environment. [English/Spanish]
Carolina Honduras Health Foundation
- Provides free education and health services through clinics in Limon and Icoteas. Includes newsletter and details for donating supplies.
Central America Medical Outreach
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to procuring, distributing, and providing medical equipment, supplies, and assistance to hospitals and clinics. Office in Santa Rosa de Copan.
Directory of Development Organizations - Honduras
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
- Personal weblog journal of experience on medical mission.
Farm Of the Child
- Christian organization provides educational, medical, and spiritual services to needy children. Includes weblog, journal, and volunteer opportunities.
Help for Honduras
- NGO established to raise funds for the community of La Entrada, Honduras in partnership with the Hearts for Honduras School. Includes profile, mission, and services.
Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos Honduras
- NGO caring for orphaned and abandoned children. Includes mission, news, gifts, and opportunities to help and volunteer.
On This Rock Honduras
- Supports medical, educational and building projects. Includes mission, projects, needs list, and news.
OneWorld US - Honduras
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
- A Christian orphanage with more than 225 children on an old ranch property near Guaimaca.
- US-based Christian organization provides day shelters for children whose parents work in Pedro Sula and in Santa Cruz de Yojoa. Includes photos and newsletters.
Paramedics For Children
- US-based nonprofit provides school and medical supplies around Copas Ruinas. Describes programs and individual experiences.
Peace Corps | Honduras
- An overview of the activities of the Peace Corps in Honduras.
Project Global Village
- Promotes self-sufficiency in Honduran villages though sales of handmade greeting cards.
- Online portal for information on ways to help Honduras.
Rural Equipping and Development International
- Learn how READI Teams, a Christian organization, is providing health care and community development services on the north coast near Trujillo.
Special Missions Foundation, Inc.
- Organization with the goal of linking existing resources throughout the world with specific health, education, and development needs in Honduras.
- Describes efforts to improve wages, education, and health care in marginalized communities. Includes mission and overview with field notes and news.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Honduras
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 26, 2015 at 6:54:07 UTC -