become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Open Directory - Regional: Central America: Guatemala: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
Regional: Central America: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Agua Viva Children's Home
- Chimaltenango. A non-denominational Christian home and school describes its history and current programs, with information on sponsoring a child or participating in a mission trip.
- A non-profit international development organization working to reduce poverty among Q'eqchi' Maya in Eastern Guatemala. Describes programs, organizational structure, and how to get involved.
Amigos de Santa Cruz
- Nonprofit describes economic, education and health projects in Santa Cruz la Laguna, Lake Atitlan.
Amnesty International - Guatemala
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Guatemala Human Rights
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
- Homes for orphaned, abused, or abandoned children, in Guatemala City and Rio Dulce. Describes programs, facilities, and financial support needs. [English/Spanish/French]
- Works to improve health care, education, housing, and human development in Guatemala. Site described programs, people, history, statistics, and financial arrangements.
Directory of Development Organizations - Guatemala
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Guatemala
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Guatemala Stove Project
- Canadian nonprofit which raises funds and send volunteers to build masonry stoves with low-income households. Describes the advantages of these stoves, and how to get involved. [English, Spanish]
- US-based nonprofit describes their economic development, health and education programs.
Light the Village
- The Guatemala light project provides solar power LED light systems to families in remote villages. Team members, sponsors, and project photographs.
Masons on a Mission
- Description of a project by a multinational group of Masons in Guatemala to replace traditional cooking methods with more healthy ones.
- Community development nonprofit which organizes handicraft producers, provides microloans and training, and sponsors tours of participating communities. Describes programs and offers retail and wholesale purchasing online.
- Sustainable development project which recycles used bicycles to build pedal-powered machines. [English, Spanish]
OneWorld US - Full Coverage: Guatemala
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
Partners of the Americas - Alabama-Guatemala Chapter
- NGO facilitating student and professional exchanges, as well as charitable work, describes their past projects and provides current contact and meeting information.
Project Mosaic Guatemala
- Antigua-based center to match foreign visitors with volunteer opportunities throughout the country. Gives overview of services and placements, with recent newsletter and financial information. [English/Spanish/German]
- An ecumenical Christian project providing food and education in Lemoa, Quiche. They describe their work as well as donation and volunteer opportunities.
Servants For Him
- Christian evangelism program which provides household biosand water filters, as well as health education.
The Highland Support Project
- A US Methodist-affiliated group supporting economic development projects with several women's groups in the highlands.
The Penny Foundation
- Helps peasant women and men from indigenous rural families granting microcredit and training for access to land, agricultural production and textiles.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Guatemala
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Guatemala
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, December 31, 2009 3:04:49 AM EST -