become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Central America: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Agua Viva Children's Home
- Chimaltenango. A non-denominational Christian home and school describes its history and current programs, with information on sponsoring a child or participating in a mission trip.
- A non-profit international development organization working to reduce poverty among Q'eqchi' Maya in Eastern Guatemala. Describes programs, organizational structure, and how to get involved.
Amigos de Santa Cruz
- Nonprofit describes economic, education and health projects in Santa Cruz la Laguna, Lake Atitlan.
Amnesty International USA - Guatemala Human Rights
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
- Homes for orphaned, abused, or abandoned children, in Guatemala City and Rio Dulce. Describes programs, facilities, and financial support needs. [English/Spanish/French]
- Works to improve health care, education, housing, and human development in Guatemala. Site described programs, people, history, statistics, and financial arrangements.
Directory of Development Organizations - Guatemala
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Guatemala
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Guatemala Stove Project
- Canadian nonprofit which raises funds and send volunteers to build masonry stoves with low-income households. Describes the advantages of these stoves, and how to get involved. [English, Spanish]
- US-based nonprofit describes their economic development, health and education programs.
The Highland Support Project
- A US Methodist-affiliated group supporting economic development projects with several women's groups in the highlands.
- Sustainable development project which recycles used bicycles to build pedal-powered machines. [English, Spanish]
- Community development nonprofit which organizes handicraft producers, provides microloans and training, and sponsors tours of participating communities. Describes programs and offers retail and wholesale purchasing online.
Proyecto Mosaico e.V.
- A German Non-Profit-Association, providing a bridge by helping people from around the world find volunteer placements in organizations in Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama and El Salvador. Gives overview of services and placements, with recent newsletter and financial information. [English/Spanish/German])
- An ecumenical Christian project providing food and education in Lemoa, Quiche. They describe their work as well as donation and volunteer opportunities.
Servants For Him
- Christian evangelism program which provides household biosand water filters, as well as health education.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Guatemala
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 18, 2016 at 17:03:14 UTC -