become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Central America: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Amnesty International USA - El Salvador Human Rights
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
Centro de Intercambio y Solidaridad
- Formed by foreign solidarity groups and local popular organizations to carry out exchange and economic development programs. Describes work in the country and volunteer opportunities. [English/Spanish]
CISPES (Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador)
- US-based group working in solidarity with the FMLN (Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front) and the Salvadoran social justice movement. Describes current actions and gives local US contacts. [English/Spanish]
Companion Community Development Alternatives (CoCoDA)
- Nonprofit facilitates projects where community-based organizations in the United States join with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in El Salvador. Describes program areas and leadership structure.
Directory of Development Organizations - El Salvador
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Habitat for Humanity
- Christian nonprofit builds houses in partnership with families in need. Describes construction style, where working in the country, and how to participate in special events. [English/Spanish]
OneWorld US - Full Coverage: El Salvador
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
Our Children International
- Orphanage in San Juan Opico. Includes personal stories of children and staff, with information on how to donate or volunteer.
- US group working with El Salvadorans through advocacy, accompaniment, and financial support, focusing in Lower Lempa. Describes programs, development model, and opportunities for visitors.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: El Salvador
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Voices on the Border in El Salvador
- US-based group which partners donors with local communities and progressive organizations. Describes projects and opportunities for participation.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 26, 2015 at 6:54:06 UTC -