become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Central America: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
The Arias Foundation for Peace and Human Progress
- Promotes dialog for conflict resolution, as well as participatory models of decision-making and economic development. Describes current projects, available reports and other publications, and founder's biography. [English/Spanish]
Directory of Development Organizations - Costa Rica
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
El Puente - The Bridge
- Provides educational assistance, food, microloans, and training to people living near the poverty line as a step toward self sufficiency. Includes information about the programs, donations, volunteering, status report and current plans.
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Costa Rica
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Habitat for Humanity Costa Rica
- Assists developing communities with people in need by building and renovating houses. Includes organization background, list of regional offices, volunteer and donation info.
Homes of Life
- Home for abandoned and abused children. Includes a tour of the facilities, daily life, staff and kids.
OneWorld US - Costa Rica
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
- Nonprofit which provides financial support and management resources to organizations assisting drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, and homosexuals. Describes history and achievements. [English/Spanish]
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Costa Rica
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
World Vision, Costa Rica
- A development organization of Christians that strives to promote the well-being of all, especially of children. Description of programs, volunteer work and sponsors.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 26, 2015 at 6:54:06 UTC -