become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Central America: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
The Arias Foundation for Peace and Human Progress
- Promotes dialog for conflict resolution, as well as participatory models of decision-making and economic development. Describes current projects, available reports and other publications, and founder's biography. [English/Spanish]
Directory of Development Organizations - Costa Rica
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
El Puente - The Bridge
- Provides educational assistance, food, microloans, and training to people living near the poverty line as a step toward self sufficiency. Includes information about the programs, donations, volunteering, status report and current plans.
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Costa Rica
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Habitat for Humanity Costa Rica
- Assists developing communities with people in need by building and renovating houses. Includes organization background, list of regional offices, volunteer and donation info.
Homes of Life
- Home for abandoned and abused children. Includes a tour of the facilities, daily life, staff and kids.
OneWorld US - Costa Rica
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
- Nonprofit which provides financial support and management resources to organizations assisting drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, and homosexuals. Describes history and achievements. [English/Spanish]
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Costa Rica
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2016 at 6:24:05 UTC -