become an editor
the entire directory
only in Costa_Rica/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Central America: Costa Rica: Science and Environment
Environment Change Impacts and Indicators
CATIE Tropical Agricultural Research Center
Organization for Tropical Studies
Regional: Central America: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
Braulio Carrillo-La Selva Region
- Detailed geographic and ecological information on this area of the country, including indigenous species, environmental threats, bibliography, and photos.
The Cloudbridge Project
- A private nature reserve created to preserve biodiversity in the tropical cloud forest adjoining the Chirripó Pacifico river on the slopes of Mt. Chirripó. Describes site ecology and reforestation project.
Costa Rica Long Term Ecological Research
- A network of institutions and field research stations, with bibliography, descriptions and contact info.
Costa Rica Mineral Assessment - USGS
- Geologic maps as well as descriptive and interpretive text covering physiographic, geologic, geochemical, geophysical, and mineral site themes as well as a mineral-resource assessment. Download requires additional software.
Costa Rica Volcanoes and Volcanics
- USGS descriptions and location map, eruption histories.
Costa Rica Wildlife
- Information about various rainforest animals, earth science and literature.
Diptera of Costa Rica
- A project organized for collecting, mounting and identification of specimens of flies and mosquitoes. Includes information about the staff and facilities, sampling sites, and publications.
El Bosque Nuevo
- Organization using agro-forestry to preserve tropical rainforests. Describes project of sustainably harvesting butterfly pupae for sale to conservatories with pictures and descriptions of many tropical butterfly species.
La Gamba Field Station
- Research, teaching and education institution located on the edge of the Piedras Blancas National Park. Lists programs and publications, with information on visiting or donating. [English/German]
Las Nubes Centre for Neotropical Conservation and Research
- A joint conservation and research project of York University and the Tropical Science Center.Located on the Pacific slope of the Talamanca Mountain Range
Procuenca San Juan
- Multi-organizational workshop on the climate and socio-economic conditions of the San Juan River Basin. Includes field investigations and technical reports with maps.
Project ALAS Arthropods of La Selva
- A large scale inventory of arthropod diversity in the lowland tropical rainforest of La Selva. Includes a history and description of the laboratory facilities, information management and research publications.
- Biological conservation and research facilities
Volcanoes Guanacaste Range System
- Brief descriptions of each of the volcanoes in the Guanacaste Range.
Volcanoes of Costa Rica
- General discussion of volcanic activity in the country, followed by a list of major structures, with photos and descriptions.
World Wildlife Photo Gallery
- Photos of birds, animals, and landscapes.
GVI Wildlife Expedition in Costa Rica
- Field updates from a team if volunteers helping a wildlife conservation project for Global Vision International. [RSS]
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 18:45:03 UTC -