become an editor
the entire directory
only in Jamaica/Government
Open Directory - Regional: Caribbean: Jamaica: Government
Embassies and Consulates
Regional: Caribbean: Government
This category in other languages:
Bank of Jamaica (BOJ)
- Jamaica's central bank; offers economic and financial information.
Central Information Technology Office
- Established to be an enabler for the Government in improving, implementing and monitoring Public Sector ICT Services
CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Jamaica
- List of government officials and their titles, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York.
Consumer Affairs Commission
- Created to protect the interest of Jamaican consumers; features consumer tips, an online complaint submissions form and details of the Commission's role and policies.
Financial Sector Adjustment Company (FINSAC)
- Mandated to restore stability to Jamaica's financial sector; features details of its services, regulatory framework, press releases, annual reports and contact information.
International Seabed Authority
- Headquartered in Kingston, the ISA organizes and controls activities in the regime for the seabed and ocean floor and subsoil beyond the limits of national jurisdiction.
Jamaica Business Development Centre
- Provides support services for Jamaican businesses; features a business opportunity guide, free online tools, business tips, suggestions and contact information.
Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority
- Regulates the air transport system; features profiles of its divisions and services, contact information and job opportunities.
Jamaica Constabulary Force
- The island police force, with information on recent prominent crimes and road safety.
Jamaica Defence Force (JDF)
- The combined air, naval and army defense force.
Jamaica Fair Trading Commission
- Mandated to maintain and encourage competition in the conduct of trade, so as to provide consumers with competitive prices and product choices; features contact information and press releases.
National Library of Jamaica
- The official national centre for information on Jamaica; features historical tidbits, government publications, links to Jamaican web sites and details of the National Information System.
National Water Commission
- Statutory body providing potable water and waste water services to the people of the island; features a profile, history, press releases, FAQ section and contact information.
Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM)
- Committed to taking pro-active and timely measures to prevent or reduce the impact of disaster on the Jamaican people and economy.
Office of the Contractor-General
- Seeks to ensure transparency, efficiency, impartiality and integrity in the awarding of government contracts, licences, permits and other concessions.
Office of the Registrar of Companies (ORC)
- Responsible for registering inter "alia", companies, business names and, Industrial and Provident Societies in the island; features corporate profile, online database search facilities and contact information.
Office of Utilities Regulation
- Responsible for regulating the provision of utility services in the communications, transport, electrical and water and sewerage sectors; features details of its role and services, publications and contact information.
Petroleum Corporation Of Jamaica (PCJ)
- A Statutory Corporation, under the Ministry of Mining and Energy with the exclusive right to explore for oil, to develop Jamaica's petroleum resources and to enter all stages of the island's petroleum industry.
Registrar General's Department (RGD)
- To support national planning and to provide evidence of every birth, stillbirth, death, adoption and marriage and provide a secure repository for public records; features online application forms for marriage, birth and death certificates.
Scientific Research Council
- Established as the principal public sector agency to undertake, foster and coordinate scientific research in the island; features a profile, details of its organizational structure and contact information.
Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN)
- Provides details of statistical data for the island including census information and financial indicators.
Urban Development Corporation
- Established to ensure planned and orderly urban development across the island; features a corporate profile, ongoing project details, general information and contact details.
Water Resources Authority
- A group of government agencies concerned with water supply,distribution, and waste management. Details about departments and information resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:21:08 PM EST -