become an editor
the entire directory
only in Barbados/Government
Embassies and Consulates
Ministries and Departments
Regional: Caribbean: Government
This category in other languages:
The National Insurance Office of Barbados
- Information on the Barbados National Insurance Scheme and benefit contribution system. Site provides information on National Insurance, how the system is administered, and rates and allowances.
- A Parliament body responsible for producing financial statements regarding annual and special budgetary reports of the Barbados government and its expenditure.
Barbados Government Information Service
- Guide and country information resource. Gateway for announcements by Barbados' oversees diplomats, cabinet ministries, and links.
Barbados Integrated Government
- A directory service of the various ministries, corporations, departments, agencies, and units within the Barbados Government.
Barbados Integrated Government Portal
- Includes links, contact information for the various ministries, agencies, departments, and statutory boards along with official government press releases.
Barbados Labour Market Information System (BLMIS)
- BLMIS is managed by the Manpower Research and Statistical Unit (MRSU) of the Ministry of Labour and Civil Service. Features: job search, job-posting, career improvement information, and current job market information.
Barbados Statistical Services
- The BSS provides census data and community development information on employment, tourist arrivals, industrial production, economics, demographics, tables of statistics, and data sets for Barbados.
Barbados Supreme Court
- Maintains the administration of the resident judicial court system and provides information on both the lower Magistrate's Court, and the Supreme Court. Includes searchable key judgements, speeches, and records branch.
Central Bank of Barbados
- Provides information about the bank, monetary policy and island links.
CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Barbados
- List of government officials and their titles, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York.
Coastal Zone Management Unit
- A government department dealing with coastal environmental protection. Features: legislative regulations, public outreach events, and educational tools on conservation and environmental protection.
- Empowering Communities in Barbados, the Ministry of Social Care, Constituency Empowerment, Urban and Rural Development.
Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office
- Responsible for administration of copyright, trademark, and intellectual property rights. Includes an overview, forms, fees, FAQ and search facility online.
Fair Trading Commission
- The Federal Trade Commission oversees fair business practices in Barbados. The site provides news updates and public announcements.
Financial Intelligence Unit - Anti-Money Laundering Authority (AMLA)
- Government agency responsible for disseminating suspected money laundering activity. Includes details of cooperation with Financial Action Task Forces, local legislation, current regulatory recommendations, and other press releases.
Head of State - HRM Queen Elizabeth II
- Official site covers the monarch's role and the history of the monarchy; gives biographies of the Royal Family, and overview as Head of State of Barbados.
Legislation Barbados (Lexadin)
- Featuring links to various pieces of legislation for Barbados by The World Law Guide.
National Conservation Commission
- a department agency tasked with maintaining historic buildings, national monuments; and the country's recreational areas such as public parks, public gardens, and beaches.
National HIV/AIDS Commission
- Official site provides HIV/AIDS information to health professionals, the general public and the media. Includes the Strategic Plan, programmes, partners, documents and resources.
National Housing Corporation
- A government corporation responsible for sourcing affordable housing for needy Barbadians. The Corporation maintains and facilitates various housing tenements, transferrals of the government (Crown lands) to the public for housing, or small public loans to fund purchases. Includes: overview of government mandates, legislative acts empowering the body, list of government developments, news releases, and house design samples.
Office of Public Sector Reform
- OPSR, a department agency tasked with reforming the public sector including the integration of information technology throughout all parts of the Barbados government. Statistics on programmes in progress, news updates, other publications.
Office of the Attorney General of Barbados
- Deals with constitutional affairs and judicial system of the country, civil and criminal law, prosecutions, and rehabilitation of offenders. Contains information about the legal and court systems, forms, rules, and prison service.
- Legislative body of the Government of Barbados.
The Regional Security System (RSS)
- Barbados-based “hybrid” organisation with security forces from around the Caribbean that comprise of both military and police personnel who remain under the command of their respective forces.
Royal Barbados Police Force
- Acts as the main civil-law enforcement agency in Barbados. Features news releases, road safety, local most wanted, community relations, recruiting information, crime prevention tips, and various forms.
- The Telecommunications Unit is an agency, directly responsible to the Ministry of Finance, Investment, Telecommunications and Energy, that regulates most of Barbados' mass communications - radio, television, wire, satellite and cable.
Town and Country Development Planning Office
- A department of the Barbados government responsible for the approval of building structure plans.
- Contains news, legislations and department overview.
US Law Library of Congress - Barbados
- Annotated compendium of online sources providing access to primary documents, legal commentary and general government information about specific jurisdictions and topics.
Wikipedia - Freundel Stuart
- Hyperlinked encyclopaedia article about the Prime Minister of Barbados.
World Legal Information Institute - Barbados
- Catalog and search facilities for over 500 databases from 55 countries including case-law, legislation, treaties, law reform reports, law journals, and other materials.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 23, 2015 at 19:08:47 UTC -