become an editor
the entire directory
only in Uzbekistan/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Society: History: By Region: Asia: Central Asia
This category in other languages:
Central Asia Arts and Culture Essays - Architecture
- Architecture of Central Asia from ancient times.
Embroidery in Uzbek Folk Art
- The article describes motives and ideas behind the art of embroidery in Central Asia.
- Local arts, artists and painters from Fergana Valley. Works, history and bios of the painters.
Gijduvan Crafts Center
- One of two Uzbek centers of glazed ceramics in Gijduvan town near Bukhara.
- The ikat or adras are almost forgotten but revived fabrics design and dyeing techniques in Uzbekistan.
Learn Uzbek Language and Culture Blog
- Uzbek language blog is devoted to make online uzbek language lessons and also give learners brief cultural insights about Uzbek culture and living style through audio, video, quiz, phrasebook, grammar and audiobook. With native speaker you can ask any question, or engage in conversation about Uzbek language, as guidance, help throughout your learning process.
- Paintings, drawings and video art by the Uzbek artist.
Museums in Uzbekistan
- Most interesting museums to learn about history, culture and tradition of Uzbekistan.
Selected Uzbek writers and works
- A list of selected Uzbek writers with links to literary works.
Silk Production in Margilan
- Margilan town in Fergana Valley, the Silk Capital of Central Asia. History and present day.
UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund in Uzbekistan
- Is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity.
Uzbek Art and Handcrafts
- Contains information on Uzbek art and handicrafts, including metal chasing, wood carving, jewelry making and carpet weaving.
Uzbek Portrait Art
- A large collection of portraits from early 20th century to modern time, by Uzbek artists.
Uzbekistan-Japan Center for Human Development
- Promotes information and cultural exchange between Uzbekistan and Japan by offering language and business courses.
Society and Culture
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 15, 2014 at 11:25:20 UTC -