become an editor
the entire directory
only in Uzbekistan/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Asia: Uzbekistan: Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Society: History: By Region: Asia: Central Asia
This category in other languages:
- Features local handmade paintings, miniatures, suzani, ceramics, lacquered miniature, woodcarving, pottery, and embroidery.
Embroidery in Uzbek Folk Art
- The article describes motives and ideas behind the art of embroidery in Central Asia.
- Local arts, artists and painters from Fergana Valley. Works, history and bios of the painters.
Gijduvan Crafts Center
- One of two Uzbek centers of glazed ceramics in Gijduvan town near Bukhara.
- The ikat or adras are almost forgotten but revived fabrics design and dyeing techniques in Uzbekistan.
- Paintings, drawings and video art by the Uzbek artist.
Museums in Uzbekistan
- Most interesting museums to learn about history, culture and tradition of Uzbekistan.
Selected Uzbek writers and works
- A list of selected Uzbek writers with links to literary works.
Silk Production in Margilan
- Margilan town in Fergana Valley, the Silk Capital of Central Asia. History and present day.
UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund in Uzbekistan
- Is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity.
Uzbek Art and Handcrafts
- Contains information on Uzbek art and handicrafts, including metal chasing, wood carving, jewelry making and carpet weaving.
Uzbek Portrait Art
- A large collection of portraits from early 20th century to modern time, by Uzbek artists.
Uzbekistan-Japan Center for Human Development
- Promotes information and cultural exchange between Uzbekistan and Japan by offering language and business courses.
Society and Culture
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 6:38:08 AM EDT -