become an editor
the entire directory
only in Personalities/Benazir_Bhutto
Society and Culture
Regional: Asia: Pakistan: Government
Regional: Asia: Pakistan: Society and Culture: Politics
BBC News - Special Report: The Death of Benazir Bhutto
- In depth coverage of the life and death of Pakistan's former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, assassinated in a suicide attack at an election rally. Includes video and audio, obituary, timeline of her life, photo gallery, Pakistan's main players, links to related stories and reader forum.
BBC World Service - Women in Power: Benazir Bhutto
- Brief biography of the former Prime Minister of Pakistan followed by discussion of family influences, speaking out, pregnancy and politics, policies for women, dealing with criticism and conflict, being tough, and paying the price for trying to do it all.
CNN - Special Report: Benazir Bhutto Assassinated
- Collection of coverage about Benazir Bhutto, assassinated Thursday in Rawalpindi, the first female prime minister of Pakistan and of any Islamic nation. She led Pakistan from 1988 to 1990 and again from 1993 to 1996.
CNN - Topics: Benazir Bhutto
- Collection of news stories and videos about Pakistan's former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.
The Economist - Benazir Bhutto
- Obituary of Benazir Bhutto, Pakistani politician, who was killed on December 27th, 2007, aged 54.
Global Voices - The Assassination of Benazir Bhutto
- Collecting the work of bloggers on the situation in Pakistan after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.
The Guardian - Bhutto Assassinated
- Declan Walsh reports from Karachi on the assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, leader of the Pakistan People's Party (PPP). Includes video, related stories and photo galleries.
The Guardian - Obituary: Benazir Bhutto
- Jason Burke writes of the life and death of Benazir Bhutto, assassinated head of the Pakistan People's Party (PPP) and former Prime Minister.
The Guardian - The Price of Dictatorship
- Benzir Bhutto writes in mid 2006, claiming the west's support for military rule in Pakistan has made the country a seedbed of terrorism
Hindustan Times - Full Coverage: Benazir Assassinated
- Collection of news stories, including a first-hand account by Anees Jillani who was at the rally. Includes world reactions, photos, analysis and multimedia.
The New York Times - Times Topics: Benazir Bhutto
- Ongoing collection of news articles, commentary, photos and multimedia about Benazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister of Pakistan.
NPR - Political Turmoil in Pakistan
- News and analysis of the political situation in Pakistan after the assassination of Beazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister and leader of the Pakistan People's Party (PPP).
Pakistan People's Party
- Official site of the political party led by Benazir Bhutto until her death. Includes history, news, articles and policy matters.
Pakistan Politics - Benazir Assassinated
- News reports, video, photos and reader forum.
Slate Magazine - Diary Entries from Benazir Bhutto
- Week long 1997 diary in which Benazir Bhutto writes about her life after moving with her family from London to the United Arab Emirates.
Washington Post - Benazir Bhutto (1953-2007)
- Full coverage of the life and death of the former Prime Minister of Pakiston. Includes opinion pieces by Bhutto, news stories, analysis and archives.
Wikipedia - Benazir Bhutto
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the former Prime Minister of Pakistan and leader of the Pakistan People's Party (PPP).
Wall Street Journal - 'Democracy Is the Greatest Revenge'
- President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari writes on the second anniversary of the assassination of his wife Benazir Bhutto, a former prime minister, about her legacy of fighting for democracy as the best revenge against forces of darkness. (December 27, 2009)
The Hindu - Benazir Bhutto Assassinated
- A first-person account by Nirupama Subramanian, The Hindu’s Pakistan Correspondent who was close at hand. (December 28, 2007)
Washington Post - The Legacy of Benazir Bhutto
- David Ignatius recalls Benazir Bhutto, beginning with their days together at university working on the Harvard Crimson newspaper in the early 1970s. "Bhutto's killers targeted her because she was modern, liberal and unafraid." (December 28, 2007)
Washington Post - The Void Left Behind
- Ahmed Rashid, the well-known Pakistani journalist, discusses Pakistan's alternatives after Benazir Bhutto's assassination. (December 28, 2007)
Al Jazeera English - The Life and Times of Benazir Bhutto
- Video retrospective on the life of the former Prime Minister of Pakistan. (December 27, 2007)
Time - Benazir Bhutto (1953-2007)
- Obituary of the former Prime Minister of Pakistan includes related articles and photo galleries. (December 27, 2007)
Christian Science Monitor - Why the World Needs Democracy in Pakistan
- Benzair Bhutto writes on how dictatorship fuels extremism, which reaches far beyond Pakistan. Includes audio conversatin with Opinion editor Josh Burek. (December 10, 2007)
Al Jazeera English - Frost Over the World: Benazir Bhutto
- Video of Sir David speaking to former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto after the first assassination attempt on her return to Pakistan, and who she thought was behind it. (November 02, 2007)
Al Jazeera English - Frost Over The World: Benazir Bhutto
- Following Nawaz Sharif's deportation from Pakistan, another former prime minister in exile, Benazir Bhutto, tells Sir David what she intends to do next. (September 14, 2007)
Asia Times - Benazir Bhutto's Answer to al-Qaeda
- 2004 Interview with Syed Saleem Shahzad on a wide range of topics. (December 03, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 11:58:50 UTC -