become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_Korea/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Asia: Regions: Korean Peninsula: Society and Culture
Regional: Asia: Society and Culture
This category in other languages:
BBC Radio 3: On Location in North Korea
- Listen to this BBC radio documentary recorded in North Korea and view photos of host Andy Kershaw's visit to the country.
Ethnologue - Languages of North Korea
- Information about the living languages of the country including population, region, classification, dialects and alternate names.
Stories from the People's Paradise, North Korea
- Journalist Ron Gluckman reports on slices of life in North Korea: the 1966 soccer squad that nearly reached the World Cup finals, a museum of lavish birthday gifts to former leader Kim Il Sung, stories of defectors, a train trip to Pyongyang, a visit to the DMZ, Pyongyang's only disco, the state film studio and North Korea's version of the Internet.
Welcome to North Korea
- 2001 film depicts a dichotomy between the poverty of North Koreans and the personality cult and propaganda of their leaders. [53 minutes]
New YorkTimes - Views Show How North Korea Policy Spread Misery
- Interviews with eight people who recently left North Korea paint a haunting portrait of desperation and political resentment. (June 10, 2010)
Los Angeles Times - North Korean Facade of Self-sufficiency Can't Hide Signs of Hunger
- Despite efforts to put up a front, North Korea is spiraling down to another famine and mass starvation. (November 02, 2008)
Asia Times Online - North Korea's Antique Food Rationing
- Describes the history and de facto collapse of the North Korean government's Public Distribution System (PDS) which rationed food for a majority of its people. (January 15, 2005)
BBC News - N Korea Envoys 'Smuggled Drugs'
- Turkey deports two North Korean diplomats accused of smuggling amphetamine pills into the country. (December 09, 2004)
Asia Times - Cracks in North Korean 'Stalinism'
- Documents how the major peculiarities of Stalinism are slowly disappearing from North Korea, and how the "Hermit Kingdom" is not as hermetic as the government would like. (December 07, 2004)
CNN Factsheet - One of the World's Most Secretive Nations
- North Korea is one of the world's most authoritarian and secretive nations, with an economy in dire straits after decades of mismanagement. (April 23, 2004)
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 9, 2014 at 7:35:07 UTC -