become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Sati
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Asia: India: Society and Culture: Issues: Sati
Regional: Asia: India: Society and Culture: Crime
Regional: Asia: India: Society and Culture: Women
Society: Death: Suicide: Altruistic
Kamat: The Tradition of Sati in India
- Sati is the traditional Hindu practice of a widow immolating herself on her husband's funeral pyre.
The Representation of Sati
- Includes a number of drawings by the Flemish artist Baltazard Solvyns from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, together with extracts from European accounts.
Sati (practice) - Wikipedia
- Article and a collection of references.
Sati - Burning of the Hindu widow
- Describes the history of this practice, the origins, and recent history.
Women In The Sacred Laws - The Later Law Books
- An extract from a work by Shakuntala Rao Shastri. Includes early history of the practice, and the way that the treatment of sati came to differ from treatment of other forms of suicide.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:24:04 AM EST -