become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Water_Resources
Science and Environment
Regional: Asia: Science and Environment: Water Resources
Science: Environment: Water Resources
Channeling Nature: Hydraulics, Traditional Knowledge Systems, And Water Resource Management in India – A Historical Perspective
- Summary of the range of water storage and management methods in the subcontinent. Background to a sponsored book project.
Expert Eyes: Roy Matthew
- Analysis on the human and environmental impacts of hydroelectric projects and other energy technology, dam safety, integrated resource planning with comparative study of hydroelectric projects in India.
Lessons from the past; Water, enough for all?
- On the history of water management systems in the country. First of a set of four articles, at indiatogether.org.
Management of Lakes in India
- Detailed account of the methods and practice of management of natural lakes and wetlands. PDF file. [PDF]
Ministry of Water Resources
- Includes a set of articles, maps, and statistics on the water resources and hydrology of the country.
Rainwater Harvesting Network
- Public interest research and advocacy organisation encouraging sustainable development strategies. Guides to methods, newsletter, case histories, history of water management in the country, and related information.
Water - ENVIS Centre Punjab
- Includes pages on river basins in the country, water management technologies and history, current issues, and the law concerning water management.
- Official information on hydrological and water resources in the country, with links to related sites.
Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR)
- Helps rural people living alleviate their poverty through participatory watershed development and management. Ahmednagar.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 23, 2013 at 18:24:04 UTC -