Mahendragarh district was formed in 1947 by joining various tracts of various erstwhile princely states. The town of the same name was previously known as Kanaud and was founded by one of Babar's servants, Malik Mahdud Khan. The town got its current name from the fort built in the city by Narinder Singh in 1861.
Information on the tourist and historical places, educational institutions and the administrative set up of the district.
Haryana 's Computer Education and Cyber Cafe
Website of Haryana's first village-based cybercafe located in Nangal Chaudhary, a remote village of district Mahendragarh. Contains historical, geographical and pictorial notes on the village.
Last update:January 2, 2007 at 22:05:32 UTC