become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Commerce_and_Industry
Commerce and Industry
Regional: Asia: India: Business and Economy
Board for Industrial & Financial Reconstruction
- Deals and manages with companies and public sector undertakings in poor financial and commercial condition.
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Official site of the National Standards Body of India covers product quality certification, consumer affairs and development of technical standards.
Central Electrical Authority
- Account of the authority's monitoring and other activities, responsibilities, and statistics on the power generation and usage in the country.
Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trade Marks
- Information on the registration and protection of trade marks in the country. Includes contact information, relevant legislation.
Department of Atomic Energy
- Provides links to all the units and laboratories of the department.
Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Part of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. Responsible for policy, planning, development and regulation of chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Department of Coal
- Describes the functions of the department, its organisational setup, and its agencies.
Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
- Assists entrepreneurs and industrial promoters in setting up new ventures. Relevant policies and procedures.
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion
- Includes roles, functions, organizational details, policies, schemes, acts, publications and RTI.
Department of Mines
- Responsible for survey and exploration of coal and minerals, and for administering mining related legislation.
Department of Public Enterprises
- Includes an annual report, lists and information on enterprises.
Development Commissioner for Handicrafts
- Agency to implement various developmental schemes at the central level, to supplement State's activities in the handicrafts sector.
Engineering Projects India Ltd.
- A public sector enterprise, working in civil engineering, structural and other heavy engineering projects.
Handloom Export Promotion Council
- Organisation to promote craft and rural products in the world market. Site has some details of products, the possible markets, and recent consumer trends.
Indian Institute of Packaging
- Teaches and develops commercial packaging methods. Includes directory of publications, database of relevant machinery.
Institute of Economic Growth
- Researches, studies, and publishes information about the economy.
Ministry of Company Affairs
- Regulates companies, stocks and shares. Details of protection for investors. Policy and administration details.
Ministry of Labour
- Information on the labour related laws and bodies that operate in the country.
Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Information on the activities, policies, laws and projects related petroleum and natural gas in India.
Ministry of Power
- Administration and enactment of legislation in regard to thermal, hydro power generation, transmission and distribution.
Ministry of Small Scale Industries & Agro and Rural Industries
- Describes the government policies toward SSI's, and the ministry's role in promoting and facilitating these.
Ministry of Steel
- Coordinates policies for, and facilitates the growth and development of the iron and steel industries.
Ministry of Textiles
- Responsible for policy formulation, planning, development export promotion and trade regulation in respect of the textile industries.
National Centre for Trade Information (NCTI)
- Provides trade information on the Indian and international markets related to business opportunities, directories, statistics, market surveys, tariff, and non tariff barriers.
National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Objectives, activities, and training programmes of the apex body for coordinating and overseeing the activities of various institutions/agencies engaged in Entrepreneurship Development particularly in the area of small industry and small business.
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Facilitating the design, construction, operation and maintenance of atomic power stations.
Office of Economic Advisor
- Responsible for analysis of the economy, and for advice on, and formulation of economic policy. Site includes economic statistics.
Oil India Limited
- Asia's oldest and biggest pioneer oil exploration and production company.
Petroleum and Explosive Safety Organisation
- Administering explosives act, petroleum act, inflammable substances act and rules framed under them. It issues license and certificates under these acts and rules.
The State Trading Corporation of India Ltd.
- Government owned company dealing mainly in bulk international trade.
- Responsible for policy on tariffs, and setting their levels. Site has brief accounts of activities, policy, organisational structure.
- Lists tender notifications issued by the central and state government ministries, departments and organizations.
Waste Minimisation Circle
- Information on waste minimisation, especially for small scale industries, and details of government policy.
Commerce and Industry
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 2, 2013 at 15:35:08 UTC -