become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Agriculture_and_Rural_Affairs
Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Open Directory - Regional: Asia: India: Government: Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Ministry of Rural Development
- Information on rural development, poverty alleviation, Panchayati Raj, and status reports.
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
- Promotes exports of the agricultural and allied industries. Features organisational details , products, trade informational , quality policy, statistics.
- Protects coastal areas and responsible for regulation of shrimp culture.
Central Insecticides Board and Registration Committee
- Provides advice on, regulates and manages the uses of pesticides.
Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute
- Marine fisheries research organisation, based in Cochin.
Coconut Development Board
- a statutory body established for the integrated development of coconut cultivation and industry, based in Kochi, Kerala.
- Promotes expansion of the coffee industry, exports, and carries out and provides research information to aid the industry.
Council for Advancement of People's Action and Rural Technology
- Details of the organisational setup, associated voluntary bodies, goals and objectives.
Department of Agriculture & Co-operation
- Responsible for national policies and programmes aimed at achieving agricultural growth. Part of the Ministry of Agriculture.
Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Responsible for livestock production, preservation, protection and improvement of stocks and dairy development. Site describes the organisation, its major subdivisions, and lists publications.
Department of Drinking Water Supply
- Brief account of the department's activities, details of projects, fund allocations, and plan documents.
Department of Fertilizers
- Formulates and adminsters government policy on fertiliser production. Site describes policy, details the principal private companies, and has contact details.
Department of Land Resources
- Details of the department's work in arresting land degradation, land ownership reform, and maintaining ecological balances.
Directorate of Wheat Research
- Based at Karnal. Researches improved varieties and cultivation, preserves genetic variation.
Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute
- Applies statistical methods to agricultural production, research and development.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- An autonomous apex national organisation which plans, conducts and promotes research, education, training and transfer of technology for advancement of agriculture and allied sciences.
Indian Forest Service
- Describes the service, and recruitment to it.
Indian Institute of Pulses Research
- National centre for basic and applied research on pulse crops, based in Kanpur.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission
- Details of the organisation, lists and information about implementing bodies, announcements, publications and performance indicators.
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Act
- Act offering to guarantee hundred days of wage-employment in a year to a rural household . Includes details, guidelines, covered districts, reports, status check options and various services.
Ministry of Environment and Forests
- Planning, promotion and co-ordination of environmental and forestry programmes. Information on government policy and action, as well as NGOs.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- This ministry is responsible for the 'Scheduled Tribes'. Describes its activities, associated and autonomous bodies, awards and fellowships.
Natural Disaster Management
- Cyclone, earthquake, flood, drought and landslide related information, from the government body that plans for these events.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- Scheme for improvement of rural roads connectivity. Highlights the key points, reports, quality monitoring, state nodal agencies and RTI .
- A scheme to provide internet visibility and sales facilities for rural artisans and rural products.
Spices Board India
- Export promotion for spices produced in the country. (Ministry of Commerce).
Agriculture and Rural Affairs
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2013 at 13:13:38 UTC -