become an editor
the entire directory
only in India/Government
Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Commerce and Industry
Communications and Information Technology
Culture, Sport, and Tourism
Embassies and Consulates
Health and Family Affairs
Law and Judiciary
Parliament and Presidency
Petroleum and Natural Gas
Science and Technology
Regional: Asia: India: Society and Culture: Politics
This category in other languages:
National Portal of India
- Official website with access to information and services being provided by the Indian Government.
All India Newspapers: Government of India
- Information about state government, central government, embassies, and consulates.
- Runs the administration of the Government of India.
Central Drugs Standard Control Organization
- Lays down the standards of drugs, cosmetics, diagnostics and devices, regulatory measures, amendments to Acts and Rules, and drug control administration.
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Promotes efficiency, economy and competition in bulk electricity supply, generation and transmission.
Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation
- To promote, control and co-ordinate housing at selected places across the country for central government employees.
CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: India
- List of government officials and their titles, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York.
- About the charters brought out by the various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations, and their implementation.
Commission of Scientific and Technical Terminology
- A body set up to help in the evolution of scientific and technical terminology in Hindi and other Indian languages.
Directorate General of Employment & Training
- Provides details of training and employment schemes.
Directorate of Estates
- Responsible for the administration and management of the office buildings and residential accommodation of Government of India employees in the cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, Shimla, Chandigarh, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, and Nagpur.
Directorate of Public Grievances
- The DPG offers help with grievances relating to any department of the central government.
Districts of India
- Endeavour of NIC to provide a one-stop source for all the information about districts in India.
Employees' State Insurance Corporation
- Social security organisation. Provides for benefits to employees in case of sickness, maternity and employment injury and to make provisions for related matters.
Gas Authority of India
- Largest gas transmission and marketing company in India.
- This site hosts the web-sites related to the Indian government, ministeries, and departments. All sites related to the Indian central and state government can be accessed here.
Indian Council of Philosophical Research
- An autonomous body with the objective of reviewing the progress of research in philosophy, coordinate research activities in philosophy, and encourage programmes of interdisciplinary research.
Ministry of Food and Consumer Affairs
- Information on government machinery for food grain procurement, storage and distribution, sugar and oil control and commodity price management and consumer protection.
Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Ministry of Labour. Includes policies , schemes, acts, rules , wages , tenders and reports.
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
- Information in personnel matters specially issues concerning recruitment, training, career development, staff welfare as well as the post retirement dispensation.
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Responsible for the welfare, social justice and empowerment of disadvantaged and marginalised section of society.
Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Describes the work of the ministry, and the status of development and industrial programmes.
Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India
- Details of the national water policy 2002, minor irrigation census (1993-94), rain water haevesting, water in the Indian Constitution, and water resources of India.
National Commission for Minorities
- Details of the body and its enabling legislation, contact information, protected communities.
National Cooperative Consumers' Federation of India Limited
- Apex Federation of the consumer cooperatives in the country. Information on organization, membership, and commercial operations.
National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
- Conducts research and development programs in environmental science and technology.
The National Foundation for Communal Harmony
- An autonomous organization with the main objective of providing assistance for the physical and psychological rehabilitation of the child victims of communal, caste, ethnic and terrorist violence.
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
- Catering to the preservation of human rights of various strata of society.
National Institute of Urban Affairs
- Institute for research, training and information dissemination in urban development and management.
National Resource Centre for Value Education
- Developing and implementing programmes and strategies to renew emphasis on value inculcation.
The North Eastern Council Home Page
- Nodal agency for the economic and social development of the seven states of the North Eastern region.
- Resource for the development plans for national progression.
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Responsible for inter-state transmission of electricity.
Press Information Bureau
- Provides official press releases and news updates.
Prime Minister's Office
- Official web site of the Prime Minister.
Registrar of Newspapers for India
- Performing both statutory as well as some non-statutory functions like compilation and maintenance of a register of Newspapers, issue of Certificate of Registration to the newspapers and related activities.
Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd.
- Objective is to improve electrification of the rural areas of the country.
- Directory, links, and general information about the central government from an unofficial website.
- Describes and promotes the special economic zones that are being set up across the country.
Staff Selection Commission
- Makes recruitment to non-technical group 'C' and group 'B' non gazetted posts in Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India, the C.A.G, and the offices of the Accountant General. The Commission is also responsible for formulation of policies including schemes of examination and other procedures for smooth conduct of examinations/selection tests.
- A statutory body under government of India, ministry of textiles. Committed to promotion of quality and excellence in textile industry.
- On the national flag, its evolution, the history of flags and other emblems in history in India.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Recruitment and examination schedules conducted by the organization.
- Official information on hydrological and water resources in the country, with links to related sites.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2014 at 12:05:04 UTC -