become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tibet/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Regional: Asia: China: Society and Culture: Politics
This category in other languages:
Friends of Tibetan Women's Association
- Organization committed to helping Tibetans living in exile and to promote the world wide awareness of Tibet through Tibetan children's art.
The Guardian: A Railroad to Progress or Just Another Chain to China?
- Article by John Gittings examining the extent to which the proposed rail link to China will benefit the Tibetan people, and evaluating the extent of development over the past fifty years.
The Guardian: Claims of Forced Abortions
- By John Gittings. Reports that the claims are unsubstantiated, and discusses other social issues.
High Peaks Pure Earth
- Commentary on Tibet related news and issues, translations from writings in Tibetan and Chinese posted on blogs from Tibet and China.
International Campaign for Tibet
- Information on the organization, its campaign and suggested activities.
- An institute affiliated with the Tibetan government in exile, which promotes traditional Tibetan literary and artistic culture.
Tibet Awareness Site
- Pro-independence site with political and general cultural content.
- Pro-Tibetan humanitarian organisation based in Denmark. Information on projects and how to contribute.
- London based organisation disseminating the works of the Dalai Lama, promoting the understanding of Tibetan Buddhism and culture, and helping in the provision of education and healthcare for Tibetans in exile and in Tibet.
- Aims to preserve the cultural, religious and national identity of the Tibetan people. Information on its health and education programs, and on how to contribute.
Tibet House -- New York City
- The official website of Tibet House. A Non-profit organization devoted to the preservation of Tibetan culture.
Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center
- Digital archive of classic texts. Includes a searchable database and articles on the literature and the project.
Unique Tibetan Food And Souvenirs for Tourists
- Introduction to the country's food and gift products available in Lhasa.
The Vista Project
- An organization based in East Tibet that helps the local people alleviate poverty, advance education, and accelerate cultural revitalization.
- Information on Tibetan culture and the government in exile.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 15, 2013 at 6:24:06 UTC -