become an editor
the entire directory
only in China/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Asia: China: Society and Culture
Chats and Forums
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: Geography: Asia: China
This category in other languages:
Asianinfo.org: Chinese People
- Summary of the government's policies on family planning, family life and the status of ethnic minorities in the country.
China Development Briefing
- Journal for the China aid community, including articles, searchable database of NGOs and job and event noticeboards. Recent issues by subscription only.
Chinese Farmer's Calendar
- Includes dates of festivals and information on baby gender selection and lucky name selection.
Chinese Lunar Calendar
- Conversion using either time zone or city longitude.
Chinese Lunar Calendar - Astronomical Programming
- Discussion of the relationship between the Chinese and Western calendars, with related data.
Chinese Wedding Customs
- Information on traditional and contemporary practices in China and Hong Kong.
East West Dialogue
- Essays on aspects of Chinese and Western history and philosophy, focusing on their shared features. By Robert Trout.
Essence of Chinese Calendar
- Explains the rules of Chinese lunar leap month and the Stem-Branch system.
Ling Lung Women's Magazine 1931 to 1937
- Digitized images of nearly all issues of this magazine which was published (in Chinese) in Shanghai in the 1930s. Featured articles on fashion, interior decoration, pop psychology, and new careers; and also advice columns on love, sex, and marriage, as well as lavish illustrations of local and Hollywood celebrities.
- Charityware program which calculates the dates of major Chinese festivals for the years 1900-2060.
Mandarintools: Western-Chinese Calendar Converter
- Converts between the traditional Chinese lunar calendar and the Western calendar.
- Articles on various aspects of the country by a Hong Kong-based reporter.
The Theory of Chinese Lunar Calendar
- Includes leap lunar month and the difference between astronomical calendar and civil calendar.
United Nations Development Programme: China
- UN mission to assist China in developing solutions to the country's development challenges and improving society by reducing poverty, strengthening rule of law, promoting environmental sustainability, and fighting HIV/AIDS.
Voice of China
- Information about various aspects of the country, with pro-government political material.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, August 6, 2010 10:05:42 AM EDT -