become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Regional: Asia: Society and Culture: Organizations
This category in other languages:
- Centers improve awareness among the public and governmental authorities by disseminating environmental information and carrying out numerous educational and training projects relevant to the implementation of the Aarhus convention.
- Independent think tank.
Armenian Atlantic Association
- A non-governmental organization that aims to foster Armenia’s links with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and promote better understanding within Armenia of NATO’s mission and activities.
Armenian Constitutional Right-Protective Center
- Promotes legal culture of the society in Armenia through scientific activity, education, information dissemination and advocacy.
Armenian International Policy Research Group
- A nonpartisan, nonpolitical association that researches and encourages the discussion of public policy issues in Armenia and the diaspora.
Armenian Red Cross Society
- Information on the history of the Red Cross, its mission and activities.
Armenian Relief Society
- Serves the social and educational needs of Armenian communities, provides emergency relief and healthcare services. Features purposes, history, structure, activities, local and regional projects, news and press releases.
Armenian Volunteer Corps
- Provides individuals in the Diaspora the opportunity to volunteer for short or long-term service in the homeland. Features mission statement, program outline, job opportunities, an application form, and stories.
Civic Development and Partnership Foundation
- Organization's mission is to foster development of civil society of Armenia through strengthening institutional capacities of non-profit organizations.
- An organization whose goal is to promote civil society and democracy.
Corporate Governance Center
- An organization whose mission is the promotion of international progressive practices and principles of corporate governance.
Eiva Arts Foundation
- Foundation is aimed at promoting the protection of human rights and raising the awareness of the current social issues through the medium of contemporary art and visual media.
Eurasia Partnership Foundation
- Foundation's mission is to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives.
Freedom of Information Center
- Center's main task is to defend people's constitutional right to have access to information.
- Charitable NGO based in Stepanavan, Lori Region.
Fund for Armenia Relief
- Features information about projects and news.
The Future is Yours
- Charitable social non-governmental organization.
- Presents statistics on the freedom of information situation in Armenia.
Global Developments Fund
- Supports the reform and development process of vocational education. Includes a list of projects and publications.
Harvard Club of Armenia
- Club's objective it is to bring together Harvard alumni and create a friendly and supportive environment among its members.
Hrayr Maroukhian Foundation
- A social democratic think tank whose aim is to encourage public debate and promote equality, freedom and democracy.
- Provides information about volunteers and volunteerism, as well as opportunities that exist to become involved as a volunteer.
Information Disputes Council
- Objective of the council is to protect the freedom of speech, information availability, as well as to protect human dignity and the right of personal life.
International Center for Agribusiness Research and Education
- Offers undergraduate and graduate programs for preparing students to assume leadership roles in food and agribusiness and other related industries.
International Center for Human Development
- Public policy think-tank promoting democratic and liberal market values. Includes information on publications, projects, partners and events.
Jinishian Memorial Foundation
- A charitable organization striving to enable Armenians in need to move from poverty and despair to self-sufficiency and hope through relief, development and spiritual uplift.
- A social venture incubator; a space for identifying social challenges, testing ideas and nurturing ventures.
Media Center Organization
- The main mission of the organization is to facilitate dialogue, discussion and debates between civic groups experts, politicians and media and to establish a culture of debates.
- A charity organization providing help for the elderly, refugee and other vulnerable layers of the population.
- A site that describes the history of Mousa Dagh resistance and offers news to the communities of the descendants from Mousaler and Anjar.
National Road Safety Council
- An organization which campaigns for change, influences opinion, contributes to debate for the good of all road users.
- The center strengthens the organizational and institutional capacities of civil society entities and promotes their increased profile.
- An organization that uses crowdfunding to fund various community projects.
Open Government Partnership
- An international initiative that aims to secure concrete commitments from governments to their citizenry to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance.
Open Society Foundations
- Established to assist democratic transformations. Includes annual reports, forms, information on programs, and list of grantees.
- An organization initiated by the Institute for Democracy and Human Rights (IDHR). The purpose and goal of this initiative is to promote civic activism in Armenia.
Partnership and Teaching (“P&T”) NGO
- An organization for developing civil society and promoting change within the Armenian educational sphere.
Partnership for Open Society
- A coalition of independent and influential NGOs, donors, and international agencies in Armenia and Diaspora which serves to promote and safeguard the democratic reform process in Armenia.
- Works to stimulate respectful dialogue between societies of conflicting parties, with a long-term goal of contributing to a peaceful resolution and prevention of conflicts.
Protection of Rights Without Borders
- PRWB is a non-profit organization of human rights and legal professionals, which is engaged in monitoring, advocacy, awareness raising and strategic litigation.
Repair the Future
- Intercultural dialogue project between the civil societies of Turkey, Armenia and the Armenian Diaspora.
Round Table Foundation
- An ecumenical organization which works to actively contribute to the poverty eradication, sustainable community development, active involvement of the church in the social work, and overall development of civil society.
Scientific and Educational Center for National Development
- Includes mission statement, information about current and past projects.
- A non-profit organization with a goal of strengthening socio-cultural exchanges between Europe and Armenia in sustainable development.
Society Without Violence
- The vision of the organization is to have well-educated and developed young people for the formation of open, civil society without violence.
- Mission: to promote good governance through reducing corruption and strengthening democracy.
- Information on projects and reforms that the organization is involved in.
Union of Informed Citizens
- An organization which has united social activists distinguished for raising public awareness on important social and political issues.
- A NGO providing psychological and legal assistance to people in most unfavorable conditions, including orphans, refugees, disabled, and homeless individuals. Mission statement, news, archive and information on Paros Chamber Choir.
Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development
- Spin-off of the Urban Institute (Washington D.C.) team. The site has links to the organization’s activity areas, projects, services, and networks.
We For Civil Equality
- Organization's mission is the integration of high risk groups into society by fostering acceptance and promoting equality.
World Vision Armenia
- Armenian branch of World Vision International, a Christian relief and development organization. Offers country overview, information on projects by region and latest news.
- A youth focused community based organization promoting positive social change through education, advocacy and direct service delivery that develop healthy spirit, mind and body.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2016 at 7:54:08 UTC -