become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Asia: Armenia: Society and Culture: Organizations
This category in other languages:
- Non-governmental organization for women with special needs.
Armenian Atlantic Association (AAA)
- A non-governmental organization that aims to foster Armenia’s links with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and promote better understanding within Armenia of NATO’s mission and activities.
Armenian British Connect (ABC)
- Organization that primarily focuses on developing and strengthening relations between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Armenia.
Armenian Constitutional Right-Protective Center (ACRPC)
- Promotes legal culture of the society in Armenia through scientific activity, education, information dissemination and advocacy.
Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU)
- AGBU's purpose is to preserve and promote the Armenian identity and heritage through educational, cultural and humanitarian programs.
Armenian International Policy Research Group (AIPRG)
- A nonpartisan, nonpolitical association that researches and encourages the discussion of public policy issues in Armenia and the diaspora.
Armenian Progressive Youth (APY)
- The objectives of organization are to inform youth about international conferences, seminars, educational perspectives and other events.
Armenian Red Cross Society
- Information on the history of the Red Cross, its mission and activities.
Armenian Relief Society
- Serves the social and educational needs of Armenian communities, provides emergency relief and healthcare services. Features purposes, history, structure, activities, local and regional projects, news and press releases.
Armenian Volunteer Corps
- Provides individuals in the Diaspora the opportunity to volunteer for short or long-term service in the homeland. Features mission statement, program outline, job opportunities, an application form, and stories.
Armenian Women for Health and Healthy Environment
- Features projects, activities, publications, press releases, news, events and a photo gallery.
Armenian Young Women's Association (AYWA)
- Features a list of projects, membership information, recent news, and announcements.
COAF: Children of Armenia Fund
- Independent, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization (501(c)3) dedicated to the positive development of the children and youth. Offers news, information on projects, and galleries.
Civic Development and Partnership Foundation (CDPF)
- Organization's mission is to foster development of civil society of Armenia through strengthening institutional capacities of non-profit organizations.
Civil Society Partnership Network (CSPN)
- Features news, projects, a list of members, and resources.
- Civil.am offers a forum to registered organizations to post announcements on the site.
- Social non-governmental organization supporting unprovided and disabled children and young people.
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF)
- EPF's mission is to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives.
Every Child Needs a Family
- Organization dedicated to transformation of orphanages and other care institutions where children live into family support centers.
- Foundation for the preservation of wildlife and cultural assets. Features a list of projects and campaigns.
Federation of Youth Clubs of Armenia (FYCA)
- Organization unites more than 80 youth professional and regional clubs, centers and organizations all over the Republic of Armenia.
- A non-profit research, educational, medical-biological and philanthropic organization.
Freedom of Information Center of Armenia non-governmental organization (FOICA)
- The main task of FOICA is to defend people's constitutional right to have access to information.
- Charitable NGO based in Stepanavan, Lori Region.
Fund for Armenia Relief (FAR)
- Features information about projects and news.
Future is Open
- Educational non-governmental organization which tries to improve the educational level of disadvantaged children. Includes news, information about implemented projects, photo gallery and reports. [Armenian, English].
- Presents statistics on the freedom of information situation in Armenia.
Global Developments Fund
- Supports the reform and development process of vocational education. Includes a list of projects and publications.
- Provides for conservation, protection, reproduction, use, registration, stock taking and inventory, cadastre maintenance of forests, improvement of forest productivity and forest soil fertility, sustainable use of forest resources.
Helsinki Association for Human Rights
- Association is committed to upholding the terms and conditions of the 1975 Helsinki Agreement on European cooperation and security, as well as all other international treaties and agreements that the Republic of Armenia has signed guaranteeing fundamental human rights to its citizens.
- A voluntary organization dedicated to creating jobs through the development of handicrafts using traditional materials and techniques.
International Center for Agribusiness Research and Education (ICARE)
- Offers undergraduate and graduate programs for preparing students to assume leadership roles in food and agribusiness and other related industries.
International Center for Human Development
- Public policy think-tank promoting democratic and liberal market values. Includes information on publications, projects, partners and events.
- Collaborates with national government branches, local and international NGOs and institutions of higher education in the promotion of research and professional programs. Offers news, a list of projects, and an alumni program.
Jinishian Memorial Foundation (JMF)
- A charitable organization striving to enable Armenians in need to move from poverty and despair to self-sufficiency and hope through relief, development and spiritual uplift.
Kenats Toun NGO
- "Kenats Toun" is a cultural non-governmental organization whose aim is to raise the spiritual, intellectual and material level of the society, and enhance national psychology.
Mer Doon (“Our Home”) NGO
- Mer Doon provides a family environment for young adults in Armenia who have outgrown their childhood home in Armenian orphanages, or who come from seriously disadvantaged lifestyles.
- A charity organization providing help for the elderly, refugee and other vulnerable layers of the population.
National Road Safety Council of Armenia (NRSCA)
- An organization which campaigns for change, influences opinion, contributes to debate for the good of all road users.
National Youth Council of Armenia (NYCA)
- Includes NYCA's activities, organizational structure, a list of member organizations, and a photo album.
Open Society Institute Assistance Foundation Armenia (OSIAFA)
- Established to assist democratic transformations. Includes annual reports, forms, information on programs, and list of grantees.
Partnership and Teaching (“P&T”) NGO
- An organization for developing civil society and promoting change within the Armenian educational sphere.
Partnership for Open Society
- A coalition of independent and influential NGOs, donors, and international agencies in Armenia and Diaspora which serves to promote and safeguard the democratic reform process in Armenia.
- The mission of Peace Dialogue is the stimulation of a respectful dialogue between societies of conflicting parties, with a long-term goal of contributing to a peaceful resolution and prevention of conflicts.
- Center of disabled children and youth NGO. Features information on the NGO’s activities, implemented and on-going programs, photos, news, movies and contact information.
Protection of Rights Without Borders
- PRWB is a non-profit organization of human rights and legal professionals, which is engaged in monitoring, advocacy, awareness raising and strategic litigation.
Scientific and Educational Center for National Development
- Includes mission statement, information about current and past projects.
Skarp Health Center NGO
- Organization has a mission to support the disabled youth of Armenia to become independent and treated as equal members of the Armenian society.
Society Without Violence
- The vision of the organization is to have well-educated and developed young people for the formation of open, civil society without violence.
Student 2020 Club
- Promotes active participation of youth in Armenia's future development through creation of Global Youth Network.
The Future is Yours
- Charitable social non-governmental organization.
- A NGO providing psychological and legal assistance to people in most unfavorable conditions, including orphans, refugees, disabled, and homeless individuals. Mission statement, news, archive and information on Paros Chamber Choir.
Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development (UFSD)
- Spin-off of the Urban Institute (Washington D.C.) team. The site has links to the organization’s activity areas, projects, services, and networks.
We For Civil Equality
- Organization's mission is the integration of high risk groups into society by fostering acceptance and promoting equality.
Women's Resource Center
Women's Rights Center
- Main goals of this organization are to prevent violence against women and their children, to protect women's reproductive and sexual health and rights as well as to support women's leadership.
World Vision Armenia
- Armenian branch of World Vision International, a Christian relief and development organization. Offers country overview, information on projects by region and latest news.
Youth Center for Democratic Initiatives
- Organization's mission is to assist in the processes supporting the establishment of civil society and democratic state, for the sake of human development in Armenia, by the means of activation of youth.
Youth For Achievements
- Educational non-governmental organization with a mission to promote ideas of democracy, freedom and humanism.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, December 19, 2011 12:45:32 AM EST -