become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Maps and Views
Society: History: By Region: Asia
Society: History: By Region: Europe
This category in other languages:
- Website dedicated to Armenian genocide of 1915. Includes news, articles, photos, and references to other web resources.
The Armenian Genocide - PBS Documentary
- PBS documentary by Andrew Goldberg telling the story of the first Genocide of the 20th century, when over a million Armenians died at the hands of the Ottoman Turks during World War I.
Armenian Genocide Losses
- Website outlines Armenian genocide losses, in the belief that better understanding the extent of the harm will help find a way forward.
- Offers illustrated articles, as well as a glossary of terms, by Yuri Babayan.
Armenian Revolutionary Federation Archives Institute
- The main task of the Institute is to digitize, categorize, and process the archives of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation and make them available for academic research.
- Comprehensive Armenian history by Smbat Minasyan, including maps, demographics, biographies, and author's profile.
Armenology Research National Center
- Offers published and unpublished material related to Armenia and the Armenians on a variety of topics, including literature, history, art, philosophy, and religion.
- Official journal of the Mechitarist Congregation published by the Armenian Academy of San Lazzaro. Offers scholarly discourses about historical, philological, ecclesiastical, linguistic and literary topics.
Djulfa Virtual Memorial and Museum
- Website documenting the deliberate destruction of the largest medieval Armenian cemetery at Djulfa (Old Jugha, Julfa, Culfa) in the exclave of Nakhichevan (Naxçıvan), Republic of Azerbaijan.
Erebuni Historical and Archaeological Museum-Reserve
- Features information about Arin Berd, Karmir Blur, and Shengavit settlements.
History Museum of Armenia
- Features a list of expositions, collections, departments, and visitor information.
History of Armenia
- Complete history of Armenia, illustrated with maps and other information.
- A project to reconstruct Ottoman Armenian town and village life.
Hrant Dink Memorial
- A site dedicated to the memory of Armenian editor, journalist and columnist Hrant Dink.
Institute for Armenian Studies
- An institute headquartered in Munich, Germany whose purpose is to study Armenia's problems and future through publications and through the fostering of understanding between peoples.
- Includes a photo archive. Various resources about the past of Armenians and Mousa Dagh in particular where a battle for survival took place during the genocide.
Robert Bedrosian's Armenian History Workshop
- Scholarly articles about Armenia in antiquity and the Middle Ages and on Armenian historical sources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2015 at 1:08:34 UTC -