become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Maps and Views
Society: History: By Region: Asia
Society: History: By Region: Europe
This category in other languages:
ARF Archives Institute
- The main task of the Institute is to digitize, categorize, and process the archives of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation and make them available for academic research.
- Concise articles from the Library of Congress country studies, with links.
Armenia: a Historical Atlas
- Includes fifteen maps from a book.
The Armenian Genocide - PBS Documentary
- PBS documentary by Andrew Goldberg telling the story of the first Genocide of the 20th century, when over a million Armenians died at the hands of the Ottoman Turks during World War I.
Armenian Genocide News - The New York Times
- World news about the Armenian genocide. Breaking news and archival information about its people, politics and economy from The New York Times.
- Offers illustrated articles, as well as a glossary of terms, by Yuri Babayan.
- Comprehensive Armenian history by Smbat Minasyan, including maps, demographics, biographies, and author's profile.
- Official journal of the Mechitarist Congregation published by the Armenian Academy of San Lazzaro. Offers scholarly discourses about historical, philological, ecclesiastical, linguistic and literary topics.
Djulfa Virtual Memorial and Museum
- Website documenting the deliberate destruction of the largest medieval Armenian cemetery at Djulfa (Old Jugha, Julfa, Culfa) in the exclave of Nakhichevan (Naxçıvan), Republic of Azerbaijan.
Erebuni Historical and Archaeological Museum-Reserve
- Features information about Arin Berd, Karmir Blur, and Shengavit settlements.
History Museum of Armenia
- Features a list of expositions, collections, departments, and visitor information.
History of Armenia
- Complete history of Armenia, illustrated with maps and other information.
- A project to reconstruct Ottoman Armenian town and village life.
Institute for Armenian Studies
- An institute headquartered in Munich, Germany whose purpose is to study Armenia's problems and future through publications and through the fostering of understanding between peoples.
- Includes a photo archive. Various resources about the past of Armenians and Mousa Dagh in particular where a battle for survival took place during the genocide.
Robert Bedrosian's Armenian History Workshop
- Scholarly articles about Armenia in antiquity and the Middle Ages and on Armenian historical sources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 28, 2014 at 3:35:13 UTC -