become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Maps and Views
Society: History: By Region: Asia
Society: History: By Region: Europe
This category in other languages:
ARF Archives Institute
- The main task of the Institute is to digitize, categorize, and process the archives of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation and make them available for academic research.
- Concise articles from the Library of Congress country studies, with links.
Armenia: a Historical Atlas
- Includes fifteen maps from a book.
The Armenian Genocide - PBS Documentary
- PBS documentary by Andrew Goldberg telling the story of the first Genocide of the 20th century, when over a million Armenians died at the hands of the Ottoman Turks during World War I.
Armenian Genocide News - The New York Times
- World news about the Armenian genocide. Breaking news and archival information about its people, politics and economy from The New York Times.
- Offers illustrated articles, as well as a glossary of terms, by Yuri Babayan.
- Comprehensive Armenian history by Smbat Minasyan, including maps, demographics, biographies, and author's profile.
- Official journal of the Mechitarist Congregation published by the Armenian Academy of San Lazzaro. Offers scholarly discourses about historical, philological, ecclesiastical, linguistic and literary topics.
Erebuni Historical and Archaeological Museum-Reserve
- Features information about Arin Berd, Karmir Blur, and Shengavit settlements.
History Museum of Armenia
- Features a list of expositions, collections, departments, and visitor information.
History of Armenia
- Complete history of Armenia, illustrated with maps and other information.
- A project to reconstruct Ottoman Armenian town and village life.
Institute for Armenian Studies
- An institute headquartered in Munich, Germany whose purpose is to study Armenia's problems and future through publications and through the fostering of understanding between peoples.
- Includes a photo archive. Various resources about the past of Armenians and Mousa Dagh in particular where a battle for survival took place during the genocide.
Robert Bedrosian's Armenian History Workshop
- Scholarly articles about Armenia in antiquity and the Middle Ages and on Armenian historical sources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2014 at 5:00:33 UTC -