become an editor
the entire directory
only in Armenia/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Asia: Society and Culture
Society: Ethnicity: Asian: Caucasian: Armenian
World: Armenian: Հասարակություն
This category in other languages:
Advanced Social Technologies (AST)
- An independent center that collects data on issues of social concern and designs evidence-based policy recommendations to address them.
Advocacy and Assistance Center (AAC)
- Serves as citizen complaint offices run by local NGOs, where victims of corruption can walk-in or call-in to receive free legal advice and assistance.
AEGEE - Yerevan/European Students' Forum
- A student organisation that promotes co-operation, communication and integration amongst young people in Europe.
- Regional resource centers for information and programs highlighting American culture, history, current events, and government.
- Features various articles about law, economy, language, literature, history, and religion. Presents hymns from the divine liturgy, daily offices, and feast-day services of the Armenian church.
Armenia: Portraits of Survival
- A photo-essay by Jerry Berndt depicting suffering in the country after the 1988 earthquake and the economic crisis following the collapse of the USSR. Features an introduction by Professor Donald Miller of USC.
- Armenian Caritas seeks to organize and implement humanitarian and charitable actions in favour of individuals and social groups living under difficult conditions without religious, national or racial discriminations.
The Armenian Flag
- Includes specifications, proportions, interpretation of the colors and laws on the national symbols.
- Website dedicated to Armenian genocide of 1915. Includes news, articles, photos, and references to other web resources.
Armenian Judges Association
- The main goal of the association is the promotion of the formation and strengthening of sovereign, democratic, social, rule of law state in Armenia.
The Armenian Observer Blog
- Notes and observations on democracy, politics, economy and sport related news about Armenia and Armenians.
Armenian United Nations Association (AUNA)
- AUNA consolidates citizens and organizations of the Republic of Armenia around values, ideas and principles of the United Nations Organization.
- Offers a directory of links, a forum, the latest news, a section dedicated to the genocide, and a chat room.
- An initiative that aims to strengthen the culture of gifting books, encourage the society to participate in the development of the community, and to support the local libraries as well.
Caucasus Research Resource Center (CRRC)
- CRRC's goal is to strengthen social science research and public policy analysis in the South Caucasus. Features publications, events, programs and services.
- A social platform providing the possibility to talk about communal issues of different cities. The users of the platform simply report about daily unsolved issues or bugs in their communities.
Civic Advocacy Support Program
- Includes a list of projects, updates, library and a photo gallery.
The Civilitas Foundation
- The foundation advocates peace and stability in the Caucasus through multifaceted dialogue and open discourse, and supports and promotes democratization, by focusing on education and media.
EU Advisory Group to the Republic of Armenia
- The EU Advisory Group supports the Republic of Armenia in the implementation of its reform agenda and the development of its international commitments.
- European Union information and communication hub whose aim is to promote EU development cooperation in Armenia and raise awareness about the importance of EU-Armenia relations.
- Newsletter of the delegation of the European Union in Armenia.
European Friends of Armenia (EuFoA)
- An organisation which seeks to build bridges between Armenian and European decision makers in the fields of politics, business and culture, and supports Armenia's further integration into European political, economic and social structures.
For Back to Gurun
- Harry Henien hopes this project shines the light of day on an untold story of genocide and helps Armenians and Turks around the world heal the wounds of the past.
Friends of Armenia
- A website of Jewish community in Armenia.
Helsinki Committee of Armenia
- A watchdog organization that supports protection of human rights. Features a list of publications and reports.
Hrant Dink Memorial
- A site dedicated to the memory of Armenian editor, journalist and columnist Hrant Dink.
Human Rights Defender of the Republic of Armenia
- Features annual report, announcements and information center.
Human Rights in Armenia
- Features weekly reviews and reports on human rights situation in Armenia.
- Book with information on Armenian history, culture, arts, and religion.
Institute for Democracy and Human Rights (IDHR)
- IDHR's main goal is to contribute to the development of democratic statehood based on the principles of human rights and social justice.
- Legal resources portal.
- Presents Khachkar as a unique element of a culture, attempts to discover its origins, the patterns of its development, its usage, and the meaning and symbolism of the carvings and ornaments.
- Maro Aghazarian's personal website featuring her resume and a list of publications.
- Offers English-Armenian and Armenian-Persian online dictionaries.
Open-Air Reading Festival
- The aim of the festival is to unite the youth, to get rid of the complex of reading in public places, to increase love for books and to foster the formation of open-air reading culture.
Rights and Business Bulletin
- An organization whose objective is to protect the businessmen and taxpayers rights.
Road to Armenia
- Includes photograph galleries of monasteries and monuments, stories from visits in the 1990s, information about music and folk ensembles, and journal of living in Yerevan by American-born author Andranik Michaelian.
- Personal website of Suren Ohanyan.
Tsirani Cultural Hub
- The objectives of the organization are the protection of cultural values, contribution to their development and dissemination of culture-related information.
United Nations Development Program
- Presents news, publications, factsheets on completed and ongoing projects, information about the country office, the partners of UNDP, cooperation reports and links.
United Nations Population Fund
- International development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity.
- Armenian social network.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 7, 2014 at 18:01:00 UTC -