become an editor
the entire directory
only in Armenia/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: Asia: Science and Environment
World: Armenian: Գիտություն
This category in other languages:
Acopian Center for the Environment
- A research center of the American University of Armenia covering a wide range of subjects from bird and butterfly research to wild plant species conservation and conservation education.
Armenia Tree Project
- Information on the reforestation programs in the country with online tree ordering.
Armenian Astronomical Society
- A non-governmental organization that works on support of astronomical education and popularization of science in Armenia.
Armenian Historical Monuments
- An archive of the existing and ruined Armenian historical monuments on the territory of the Republic of Armenia as well as Historical Armenia and the Diaspora.
Armenian National Grid Initiative
- Armenian cluster for high performance computation.
Armenian National Science and Education Fund
- Provides financial and other material resources to support scientific research, advanced technology development and scholarly work.
Armenian Platform for Sustainable Agriculture
- An initiative to contribute to the sustainable agricultural development of Armenia involving different stakeholders of the agri-food chain.
- Academic scientific research computer network of Armenia.
Bioinformatics Group of the International Scientific-Educational Center
- Major fields of the scientific activities of the group are modeling and Molecular Dynamics (MD) study of biological membranes, complex systems, including surfactant and polymer solutions and development of specialized software packages.
Biosafety Clearing House
- Includes legislation and a list of national biosafety experts.
Black Sea Interconnection project
- Project will develop a high-speed backbone network among the NRENs of the South Caucasus countries and enable connectivity to the pan-European research and education GÉANT2 network.
Byurakan Astrophysical Observatory
- Features history, staff, seminars, research groups, telescopes and photo gallery.
Center for Ecological-Noosphere Studies
- An institution implementing fundamental and applied investigations in ecology, environmental conservation and food safety.
Center for the Advancement of Natural Discoveries using Light Emission
- A synchrotron light source for fundamental, industrial and applied research in biology, physics, chemistry, medicine, material and environmental sciences.
CES community energy services
- Modern energy production ways for Armenia.
Computer Science and Information Technologies Conference
- A site for a conference organized by the Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems.
- Foundation for the preservation of wildlife and cultural assets. Features a list of projects and campaigns.
- Provides for conservation, protection, reproduction, use, registration, stock taking and inventory, cadastre maintenance of forests, improvement of forest productivity and forest soil fertility, sustainable use of forest resources.
Institute of Geological Sciences
- Features information about the institute, departments, laboratories, and research projects.
Institute of Radiophysics and Electronics
- A research institution engaged in the fields of radio engineering, automatic control, theoretical physics, solid state physics, semiconductors and superconductivity.
- The primary aim of the project is to integrate the Institute for Physical Research of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia into the European Research Area (ERA).
- Offers lichenological research, educational, informational events and information about achievements in lichenology.
Millennium Challenge Account
- A program funded by the U.S. government's Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) which contributes to the rehabilitation of Armenia's irrigation infrastructure and increasing profitability of farmers.
National Foundation of Science and Advanced Technologies
- Awards grants and allocates funds to research groups in order to develop the scientific and engineering potential in the country. Includes a list of activities, programs, partners, news and articles from the press.
ReGardening of Eden
- The project to restore the village of Margahovit by establishing of a local park, creation of a sustainable trash collection and recycling program and education of local children and adult residents in the significance of environmental stewardship.
Renewable Resources and Energy Efficiency Fund
- Implements grant and credit projects targeted at the development of energy efficiency and renewable energy sectors in Armenia.
Save Teghut Civic Initiative
- The goal of the initiative is to stop exploitation of a copper-molybdenum mine in Teghut.
Society for the Protection of Birds
- A non-governmental organization which strives to conserve birds, habitats upon which they depend and areas of strategic importance to birds through active involvement of local communities.
SunChild Environmental Festival
- Features information about the festival, press releases, photo and video galleries.
Young Biologists Association
- Non-Governmental organization the members of which are young bioscientists from universities and scientific institutions. Organization's primary objective is to introduce and develop new educational and research technologies.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2015 at 0:43:58 UTC -