become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics/Taliban_Islamic_Movement
Society and Culture
Taliban Islamic Movement
Mullah Mohammed Omar
Society: Issues: Church-State Relations: Regional: Asia: Afghanistan
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: September 11, 2001
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Terrorist Organizations: Al-Qaida: Osama bin Laden
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Terrorist Organizations: IMU - Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Islam: Islamism
BBC News - Special Reports: Taliban Conflict
- Ongoing coverage focusing on the Taliban groups of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Includes history, maps, videos and interactives.
BBC News - Who are the Taliban?
- Ongoing coverage of the history of the Taliban movement in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Council on Foreign Relations - The Taliban in Afghanistan
- Extensive backgrounder report includes links to related materials.
Danny Yee's Book Reviews - The Taliban by Peter Marsden
- A review of a 1998 book on the Taliban, written by Peter Marsden, a former NGO coordinator for Afghanistan.
Guardian Unlimited: Mullah Omar - in his own words
- Translated text of a Voice of America interview of the Taliban leader.
The New York Times - Topics: Taliban
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photos, multimedia and selected web resources.
Wikipedia - Taliban
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the Taliban includes its history, ideology, wars and international relations.
Mother Jones: Pipe Dreams
- Energy politics helped set the stage for the current conflict, as at least one US oil company, California-based Unocal, courted the Taliban to close a deal to build a pipeline across the country. (October 12, 2001)
USA Today: Why the Taliban are Destroying Buddhas
- Why the Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar issued an edict against un-Islamic graven images which resulted in the destruction of statues of Buddha. (August 13, 2001)
Women's eNews: Bush Gives Taliban $10 Million To Fight Opium
- "The Bush administration has given Afghanistan $43 million including $10 million for “other livelihood and food security programs,” a reference to the ruling Taliban's ban on poppy cultivation that dramatically changed the economy of the war-torn nation." (May 26, 2001)
New York Times: Taliban: War for War's Sake
- Reporting on the destruction of art objects by the Taliban. (March 18, 2001)
BBC News - Analysis: Who are the Taleban?
- BBC analyzes who the Taliban are and why they have the support of Afghans. (December 20, 2000)
CPJ: Journalism under the Taliban
- Report on Afghan journalists working under the Taliban in 1999. From the Committee to Protect Journalists. (December 15, 1999)
Taliban Islamic Movement
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 27, 2014 at 7:02:39 UTC -