become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Politics
Society and Culture
Taliban Islamic Movement
Regional: Asia: Afghanistan: Government
Regional: Asia: Society and Culture: Politics
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism
This category in other languages:
Afghanistan, the Taliban and the US
- A guide to online resources on Afghanistan, the Taliban, and the US compiled by the South/Southeast Asia Library at the University of California, Berkeley.
AREU - Toward an Afghan Democracy? Exploring Perceptions of Democratisation in Afghanistan
- September 2009 discussion paper explores different perspectives of democracy and democratisation held in three provinces of Afghanistan, provides a brief background to democracy as a global movement and to its origins in Afghanistan before focusing on two key thematic areas: definitions, perceptions and interpretations of the term 'democracy', and respondents’ current experiences of representative processes. It assesses these areas in relation to and in retrospect of the 2009 elections.
Home Office: Afghanistan Assessment
- UK Immigration office prepared this thorough assessment of the human rights, ethnic and political issues in Afghanistan in Sept. 1999, for asylum purposes.
Spotlight Falls on Afghan Expert: Stephen Evans
- The Guardian portrays the Foreign Office specialist on Afghanistan, who reopened the British embassy in Kabul for the first time in more than a decade.
United States Institute of Peace - Afghanistan
- News, resources and initiatives about peacebuilding in the country.
- Discussion group of the Institute for Afghan Studies (IAS), focusing on politics and government.
Bin Laden May Fall Victim to Afghan Betrayal
- Analysis by Shiraz Paracha for IWPR of changing Afghan loyalties to Osama bin Laden after 9/11. (November 16, 2001)
After the Taliban
- Economist article on the different political parties and the chances for Afghanistan's future. (October 04, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2014 at 3:58:05 UTC -