become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Politics
Society and Culture
Taliban Islamic Movement
Regional: Asia: Afghanistan: Government
Regional: Asia: Society and Culture: Politics
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism
This category in other languages:
Afghanistan, the Taliban and the US
- A guide to online resources on Afghanistan, the Taliban, and the US compiled by the South/Southeast Asia Library at the University of California, Berkeley.
AREU - Toward an Afghan Democracy? Exploring Perceptions of Democratisation in Afghanistan
- September 2009 discussion paper explores different perspectives of democracy and democratisation held in three provinces of Afghanistan, provides a brief background to democracy as a global movement and to its origins in Afghanistan before focusing on two key thematic areas: definitions, perceptions and interpretations of the term 'democracy', and respondents’ current experiences of representative processes. It assesses these areas in relation to and in retrospect of the 2009 elections.
Spotlight Falls on Afghan Expert: Stephen Evans
- The Guardian portrays the Foreign Office specialist on Afghanistan, who reopened the British embassy in Kabul for the first time in more than a decade.
United States Institute of Peace - Afghanistan
- News, resources and initiatives about peacebuilding in the country.
- Discussion group of the Institute for Afghan Studies (IAS), focusing on politics and government.
Bin Laden May Fall Victim to Afghan Betrayal
- Analysis by Shiraz Paracha for IWPR of changing Afghan loyalties to Osama bin Laden after 9/11. (November 16, 2001)
After the Taliban
- Economist article on the different political parties and the chances for Afghanistan's future. (October 04, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 6, 2015 at 13:24:04 UTC -