become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Asia: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Afghan Health & Development Services
- AHDS provides basic health services with a focus on women and children. Profile of the organisation, reports on activities and funding and detailed information on current and past projects.
Afghan Mother and Child Rescue
- AMCR is a registered charity based in the UK, which supports clinics and other projects. Principles, projects, patrons and trustees.
Afghan Women's Educational Center (AWEC)
- AWEC runs health and education projects in Kabul and in refugee camps in Pakistan. Presentation of past and present projects and donor information.
Afghan Women's Mission
- Humanitarian organization working to establish hospitals and schools for Afghan women and children refugees in Pakistan. Site provides background information on the plight of Afghan refugees.
Afghanistan Information Management Service
- AIMS is a joint venture between UNOCHA and UNDP, and dedicated to facilitating coordination of the assistance organisations working in Afghanistan by providing tools and services in the field of information management. They offer up-to-date information on all aspects important for humanitarian aid work in the country.
Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)
- Independent research organisation based in Kabul, working to improve Afghan lives by conducting high-quality research that informs and influences policy and practice. Includes 'The A to Z Guide to Afghanistan Assistance' (Dari, Pashto, English), other publications, research and resources.
American Support for Afghanistan
- Organization dedicated to the restoration and continuing development of the country. Mission statement, donor information and contact address.
Amnesty International USA - Afghanistan
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years. [English, Spanish]
British Agencies Afghanistan Group (BAAG)
- Umbrella group set up by British NGOs, providing information on the situation in Afghanistan for international aid agencies working in the country. A briefing pack and monthly reviews are offered for download.
- Detailed information on a hospital project led by the Committee for the Promotion of Medical and Humanitarian Aid in Afghanistan (CPHA).
Christian Aid: Afghanistan
- Information on the organisation and its work in Afghanistan. With news, reports, press releases, video clip and map.
Danish Committee for Aid to Afghan Refugees
- DACAAR is a consortium of three Danish NGOs: MS-Danish Association for International Development, Danish People's Relief Organisation and The Danish Refugee Council. It was established to provide support to Afghan refugees.
Department for International Development (DFID) - Afghanistan
- UK Government department responsible for promoting development and the reduction of poverty. Reports on the situation in Afghanistan and the assistance contributed by DFID.
Directory of Development Organizations - Afghanistan
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Afghanistan
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Facebook - Davy Weaver Memorial Project
- Volunteer program for sending warm gear, shoes and school supplies to the children of Afghanistan. Donaters send aid directly to FOB/COP military bases where it is handed out by American soldiers to villages.
Help the Afghan Children, Inc.
- The organisation works in the areas of primary education, health and emergency relief. Offers annual reports, information on current projects and a newsletter. With country profile, slide show, and online donations.
Human Rights Watch - Afghanistan
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
ICRC in Afghanistan
- News, activities, operations maps, photo collection, multimedia and annual country report from the International Committee of the Red Cross.
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies: Afghanistan
- Information on the Afghan Red Crescent Society, report on the country assistance strategy, appeals and reports, news.
International Medical Corps: Afghanistan
- The IMC is working in Afghanistan since 1984. Program overview, articles, press releases and related posts in the staff weblog.
International Rescue Committee: The IRC in Afghanistan
- Information on the programs of the IRC, multimedia coverage and additional resources.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan - International Conference on Reconstruction Assistance to Afghanistan
- Information about the conference held January 21-22, 2002 in Tokyo. Includes speeches and statements, list of attendees, press releases, documents and photos.
- Offers information on ongoing projects, background papers and documentation of the crisis in 2001.
- Non-governmental, non-profit organization committed to the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan with special emphasis on the empowerment of women and children. News and annual reports.
ST/R: Sustainability Transformation Innovation Reality
- Blog by Connie K. Duckworth on the topic of social business enterprise with a primary focus on helping to improve the lives of women and families in Afghanistan.
Trust In Education
- TIE develops village to village programs in Afghanistan, which support business and economic development programs and schools for children.
UK FCO - UK in Afghanistan
- Cross-governmental site provides information on the UK effort in Afghanistan, elections, engagement in Afghanistan: developments since 2001, FAQ, reconstruction, rule of law, human rights and counter-narcotics efforts.
UNDP - Afghanistan
- Official United Nations Development Programme site provides news, focus areas, speeches, statements and publications along with information about its activities, progress, partnerships and staff. Focused on poverty, health, governance, environment, natural resources, and information and communications technology.
UNICEF - Afghanistan
- Information about their work in Afghanistan including overview, reports, news, press releases, photo essay and how to donate. From the United Nations Children's Fund.
United Nations - News Focus: Afghanistan
- UN news, activities, resources and documents relating to Afghanistan.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees: Afghanistan
- Describes the refugee situation in Afghanistan and UNHCR operations in the country.
US State Department - 2010 Human Rights Report: Afghanistan
- 2010 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 3, 2015 at 5:35:07 UTC -