the entire directory
only in Afghanistan/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Science: Social Sciences: Area Studies: Asian Studies: Central Asian Studies
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Indo-Iranian: Iranian
This category in other languages:
- Information on the religion and its teachings. With links for literature and related sites.
Afghan Culture Association
- The organisation based in France presents itself, offers a bibliography, folk music and a photo gallery.
Afghan Hindus and Sikhs
- Information about Afghan Hindus, their culture, language and life. Includes news, links and a message board.
- The Association Of Afghan Blog Writers brings Afghan bloggers together and defending their rights.
Afghan Site Network
- Offers news and events listing, music, pictures, chat and forum, buy and sell. Services include free home pages and email.
- This website give information about the Afghan society and culture including their recipes, music and religion.
Afghanistan's Web Site
- Invites Afghans to express their opinion about issues which affect their lives, as well as to provide a forum for the mutual support of the community.
Afghanistan: A Nation at the Crossroads
- UNESCO Courier articles describe the situation in the country in the aftermath of war in late 2002, including the politics, economics, education, the conditions of art treasures and cultural resources, the status of women, and press freedom.
- Provides latest news, photos, radio, eCards, chat and dating service.
Afghans for Civil Society
- Seeks to foster a democratic alternative that challenges extremism and violence, and promotes the rebirth of civil society. Includes research, list of programs, maps, photos, and volunteer opportunities.
- A non-profit and non-political organization of Afghan professionals in America, providing professional assistance, scientific studies, and research towards the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan.
- Organization based in Paris, supporting the development of media and cultural expression in Afghanistan. Presentation of projects and supported publications, including information on journalism training and the Kabul Media and Culture Center.
Computer Locale Requirements for Afghanistan
- Report on the language support required for Pashto and Dari, Afghanistan's official languages, and a number of other languages spoken in the country.
Ethnologue - Languages of Afghanistan
- Information about the living languages of the country including population, region, classification, dialects and alternate names.
- Offers information on the province, its districts and on minerals found in the area. With photo gallery and forum.
Nuristan, Hidden Land of the Hindu-Kush
- On the linguistics and ethnography of Nuristan, a region in the Hindu Kush mountains of northeastern Afghanistan. By Richard Strand.
Williams Afghan Media Project (WAMP)
- Preserves photographs, film, video, audio, and other media having to do with the history and society of Afghanistan. Joint project of the Williams College and the Afghan Media Resource Center (AMRC). Includes information on the project and an online searchable database of images.
Usenet soc.culture.afghanistan -
Society and Culture
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 8, 2014 at 6:35:07 UTC -