become an editor
the entire directory
only in Afghanistan/Guides_and_Directories
Guides and Directories
Open Directory - Regional: Asia: Afghanistan: Guides and Directories
Regional: Asia: Guides and Directories
- Includes information about Afghanistan. News, music, history, culture, flags, maps, biographies, recipes, photography, poetry, and student discussion board.
- Directory of websites and information about Afghanistan. Includes chat, forum and a journal.
- News, economy, culture, geography, politics, sports, photo gallery, recipes, plants, animals, and flags.
BBC News - Country Profile: Afghanistan
- Provides overview, key facts and events, timelines and leader profiles along with current news.
CIA - The World Factbook: Afghanistan
- Features map and brief descriptions of the geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues.
EurasiaNet's Afghanistan Resource Page
- Links to political, economic, environmental and social web-sites related to Afghanistan.
Geographic.org - Afghanistan
- Information from 1989-2008 CIA Factbooks, along with national rankings and photos.
National Geographic: Afghanistan
- Fast facts along with videos, music clips, photo galleries and navigable, zoomable maps.
NationMaster - Afghanistan
- Profile includes information for various aspects of the country, with a special emphasis on statistics and rankings.
- Offers news clippings, articles, information on the country and its people and discussion forum. The entertainment section contains audio and video material, a photo gallery, e-cards and biographies of poets.
UIC - Research Guide to Afghanistan
- Extensive list of print and online resources relating to Afghanistan, from the University Library of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
University of Colorado - GovPubs: Afghanistan
- Links to resources from the country's own government, the United States, the United Nations and international sources.
US Department of State - Afghanistan
- Country portal offers a map and links to Background Notes, Country Study, the US embassy and the current ambassador, USAID page, press releases, fact sheets, annual Human Rights Reports and other major reports including Industry Market Reports.
US Library of Congress - Country Study: Afghanistan
- 1997 country profile provides information about its historical setting, society and environment, economy, government and politics, and national security.
Wikipedia - Afghanistan
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article covers the country's history, government and politics, geography, economy, demographics, language and culture.
Guides and Directories
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:15:03 AM EDT -