become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Land_Reform
Society and Culture
Regional: Africa: Zimbabwe: News and Media
Regional: Africa: Zimbabwe: Society and Culture: History
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Regional: Africa: Zimbabwe
BBC News | Is Mugabe's Strategy Working?
- Joseph Winter in Harare looks at the issue of land reform in Zimbabwe and whether President Robert Mugabe's policy is working.
BBC News | Mbeki Speech
- South African President Thabo Mbeki calls for a peaceful solution to the violent dispute in Zimbabwe over land reform.
BBC News | Mugabe's Anniversary Speech
- President Mugabe said his government is determined to settle the issue of land reform in Zimbabwe "once and for all".
BBC News | Points of View: Occupying Farms
- A war veteran and a farmer put their cases over the occupation of Zimbabwe's white-owned commercial farms.
BBC News | Who Owns the Land?
- Land reform is one of the key issues behind Zimbabwe's current unrest and has its roots deep in colonial history.
Guardian Unlimited | Century's Fight to Recover Land
- Land has been one of the most controversial issues in Zimbabwe for the past 100 years. The war to end white-ruled Rhodesia was fought largely over land. Robert Mugabe's guerrilla fighters, and the peasants who supported them, battled to regain the land seized from them by British colonists.
Guardian Unlimited | Could South Africa be Next?
- Liz McGregor analyses crucial differences which mean the current land dispute in Zimbabwe is unlikely to be replicated in its southern neighbour.
Guardian Unlimited | Farming Today
- More than 100 years since Zimbabwe was seized, white landowners face a bit of stick.
Guardian Unlimited | On the Front Line in Land War
- The squatters on Zimbabwe's tobacco farms show the country's big gulf is between Mugabe's supporters and the rest.
Guardian Unlimited | Slow Death of Black Farmer's Dream
- A slow death for the resettlement dream.
Human Rights Watch - Fast Track Land Reform In Zimbabwe
- Briefing document in 7 chapters, March 2002.
Land Battle Sets Black against White
- Redistribution of land in Zimbabwe has been on the cards for nearly two decades, but some white landowners believe the government is exploiting it for political reasons.
News Unlimited | Black Peasants have Waited for 110 years, says White Minister
- It is simplistic to say that Zimbabwe's land crisis has divided the country completely along racial lines. Dr Timothy Stamps is white, Welsh, and the Minister of Health.
The Seattle Times: Zimbabwe Farm Battles Go Deeper than Politics
- Brief article on the history of Zimbabwe and on land disputes among native Ndebele tribes in the region.
Who Owns the Land?
- BBC presentation on the background of the land struggle.
Salon News | Land War in Zimbabwe
- Angry and impoverished blacks say they are taking back the farms whites stole in the first place. But are they fighting the wrong enemy? (May 01, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 8:54:05 UTC -