become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
- UK charity established to advance sustainable responses to the relief of poverty in Africa. Includes details of projects, board members and updates.
Amnesty International - Zambia
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Zambia
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years. [English, Spanish]
The Book Bus
- Organisation providing a mobile library for remote communities in Zambia, aiming to encourage literacy among children. Explains how the project works, invites donations and includes news and a blog.
British Council - Zambia
- Registered UK charity for education, culture and development services provides news and information about its facilities and programs in the country.
- Non-governmental organisation that aims is to assist rural communities in Zambia ravaged by HIV/AIDS, providing improved education, feeding programs, safe water, health care and an orphan sponsorship program.
CARE - Zambia
- International relief and development organization. Includes country details and information about current projects.
- UK Registered Charity helping to educate Zambian children orphaned by AIDS. Includes information on projects, AIDS in Zambia, and how to help.
- Development Aid from People to People in Zambia is a non-governmental organisation working in the fight against HIV/AIDS, taking care of orphans and vulnerable children and protecting the environment.
Directory of Development Organizations - Zambia
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Dream Livingstone Zambia
- Charitable organization that aims to assist rural communities in Zambia ravaged by HIV/AIDS, providing improved education, an orphan sponsorship program and community work program.
Franciscan Missionaries of the Divine Motherhood: Zambia
- International Catholic charitable organisation providing education, care of orphaned children and home-based care for those living with HIV/AIDS and their families.
Habitat for Humanity - Zambia
- Christian Non-Governmental Organisation providing shelter for families in need.
Health Help International
- Aims to improve the health of the less fortunate, young and old in Zambia. Includes details of mobile clinics, sewing centres and projects.
IRIN News - Zambia
- Humanitarian news and analysis on relief, development, social, economic and political affairs, by the Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
- UK-registered charity helping Zambian churches serve those affected by HIV/AIDS including the sick, orphans and widows.
Makeni Ecumenical Centre
- Christian agency provides primary, secondary and adult education courses in a variety of vocational subjects, as well as clinics, family planning services, and an AIDS orphan village. Near Lusaka.
OneWorld - Zambia
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
Orphanages In Zambia
- Information about orphans, orphanages, and how to help.
- Non-governmental organisation aiming to tackle illiteracy in the poorest parts of Africa, starting with orphans and vulnerable children in Lusaka.
Street Girls Project
- Non-profit organization explains its aims of promoting girls' rights and teaching them how to protect against HIV/AIDs.
UK Foreign Office - UK and Zambia
- Deals with political, social, economic, investment, trade and security questions of interest to the UK and Zambia, working with the UK's Department for International Development and the British Council. Also consular services.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Zambia
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
- Provides news, statistics, background information, funding appeals and donor updates.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Zambia
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
USAID - Zambia Mission
- Official local site provides information about the country plus all programs, factsheets, employment and procurement opportunities, documents and partners of the US Agency for International Development.
Women Refugees Community
- Practical and moral assistance.
Zambia Society Trust
- Contact details for a UK-registered charity working in the fields of poverty relief, health and education in Zambia.
Zambian Orphanage Appeal
- ZOA aims to build and run orphanages in Zambia. Includes details of what has been achieved, sponsors, newsletters and how members of the public can help.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 23, 2015 at 0:58:03 UTC -