become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Open Directory - Regional: Africa: Uganda: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Africa 2000 Network-Uganda
- Non-governmental organisation promoting sustainable livelihoods for the smallholder farmer. Provides information on projects and contact details for headquarters and field offices.
Africa Community Technical Service (ACTS)
- Christian technical mission to assist rural communities in achieving their development goals in cooperation with the local church and other grass roots organizations.
Amnesty International - Uganda
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Uganda
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
BSPW - Bicycle Sponsorship Project & Workshop
- A charity and Non-Governmental Organisation located in Jinja and registered in Uganda, East Africa. It deals with non-motorized transportation such as bicycles, tricycles and bicycle ambulances. BSPW also produces and promotes other sustainable and appropriate technologies such as energy-saving stoves and solar cookers. Being involved in capacity building, community training and skill empowerment, people are being trained in carpentry, metal fabrication and bicycle maintenance.
British Council - Uganda
- Registered UK charity for education, culture and development services provides news and information about its facilities and programs in the country.
Directory of Development Organizations - Uganda
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Uganda
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Family Treatment Fund
- Charitable organization run by physicians at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) to help provide antiretroviral drugs for people with HIV and AIDS in Uganda.
Friends of Teso (Uganda)
- UK registered charity which sends to Uganda clothes for children and adults, books, bedding, educational materials, practical equipment and mobility aids.
Heal the Nations
- Christian medical missions organization sponsoring a community health program in Rakai, Uganda.
Human Rights Watch: Uganda
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
IRIN News - Uganda
- Humanitarian news and analysis on relief, development, social, economic and political affairs, by the Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
- Indigenous Christian non-denominational, non governmental organisation, founded in 2000. Provides vocational training and health services to the rural community.
Royal Ascot Goat Races
- Organization focused on raising funds to support various charities and volunteer groups. Provides sponsorship and advertising information, raffles and event history.
Student Global Aids Campaign (SGAC-Ug)
- Non profit, non political and interdenominational movement that brings students and young people together to take action to end the AIDS pandemic.
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO)
- Information about programs and services with/for people affected by HIV/AIDS. Includes a history, and details of partners, publications, membership, and fundraising.
The Guardian and Observer - Katine
- Full coverage of the AMREF project in the village of Katine in Uganda. Includes project goals, achievements, village voices, videos, blog, virtual village map and donation information.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Uganda
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
UNDP in Uganda
- Official United Nations Development Programme site for Uganda provides news, speeches, statements and publications along with information about its activities, progress, Millennium Development Goals, partnerships and staff. Focused on poverty, health, governance, environment, natural resources, and information and communications technology.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Uganda
- 2007 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Uganda AIDS Commission
- News and information about HIV/AIDS from the National AIDS Documentation and Information Center (NADIC). Includes FAQ, events and additional resources.
Uganda Debt Network
- News and information from an advocacy and lobbying coalition of NGOs, institutions and individuals. Includes programmes, publications and calendar of events.
Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET)
- NGO promoting and developing the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) among women and women's organisations as tools to effectively address national and local problems of sustainable development.
Guardian Unlimited | The Death of Dr. Matthew
- Dr. Matthew Lukwya, a Ugandan physician, passed up lucrative offers to work among the poor and died from the ebola virus while leading an effort to stop its spread. (January 02, 2001)
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:40:03 PM EDT -