become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Amani Children's Home
- Amani is a small non-governmental, not-for-profit residential home for orphans and street-children, offering nourishment, a safe and caring home and educational opportunities. Outreach/reunification programs.
Amnesty International - Tanzania
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Tanzania
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
The Arusha Children's Trust
- Works with children to help improve their lives. Information on the trust, its goals and mission.
Bagamoyo Children Carers Association
- BACCA is a charitable NGO providing free preschool education to impoverished and orphaned children in Bagamoyo. Information on mission, projects and fundraising.
The Bethany Project
- Orphanage project near Mwanza. Information on their aims and objectives, the team and the children.
Brampton Tanzania Trust
- Charity whose aim is to alleviate poverty in Tanzania through sustainable development projects. Description of projects, photo gallery, organizational background.
British Council - Tanzania
- Registered UK charity for education, culture and development services provides news and information about its facilities and programs in the country.
Chipua Community Development, Tanzania
- Non-governmental organization based in Dar es Salaam, aiming to help disadvantaged youth, especially girls, to improve their lives. Includes information on programmes, getting involved and volunteering.
Development and Relief Work in Tanzania
- Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development (NFSD) projects. Includes program information and background.
Directory of Development Organizations - Tanzania
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Economic and Social Research Foundation
- Non-governmental research institute for capacity building in economic and social policy analysis. Includes contact information.
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Tanzania
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
Global List of Women's Organizations - Tanzania
- Provides contact information for groups of women helping others.
- Exchanging ideas on how to promote the rights of all people to fully participate on social, technical, economic, environmental and political issues.
Human Rights Watch - Tanzania and Zanzibar
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
IRIN News - Tanzania
- Humanitarian news and analysis on relief, development, social, economic and political affairs, by the Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
- Organization that wants to offer chances to progress to the people of Bunda, the poorest district of Tanzania. Includes information on projects and reports on what has been achieved so far.
- Charitable organisation offering opportunities for people from other countries to volunteer to take part in educational, developmental and medical projects in Tanzania. Includes a volunteering information pack.
Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development: The Millennium Villages Project
- Project aimed at helping certain target villages in the Uyui district attain the Millennium Development Goal of halving poverty by the year 2015.
- Charity encouraging the collection of rainwater in dry areas of the country. Information on the charity and their fundraising.
Research on Poverty Alleviation
- Non-governmental organization; includes research agenda and activities, policy briefs, and news.
Tanzania Development Gateway
- Portal providing on-line networking, sharing, exchange and dissemination of information on development matters. Includes news, details of products and services, and development projects.
Tanzania Gatsby Trust
- A charitable organisation committed to alleviating poverty. Has information on their activities.
- Organisation that places volunteers in various placements and internships, arranging practical training, safaris and various activities at weekends.
- Promotes regional networking between Germany and Tanzania for cities, schools, church congregations, companies, universities, missionaries, and other institutions. Includes actions, seminars, services and diplomatic relationship. [English, German]
Tanzanian Children's Fund
- Provides funds and support for the Rift Valley Children's Village which provides a home for orphaned children. Includes information on the project and how members of the public can help.
Tools for Self Reliance Cymru
- Charitable organisation collecting old and unwanted hand tools from all over the UK, repairing and sharpening them and sending them to Tanzania.
UNDP in Tanzania
- Official United Nations Development Programme site for Tanzania provides news, speeches, statements and publications along with information about its activities, progress, Millennium Development Goals, partnerships and staff. Focused on poverty, health, governance, environment, natural resources, and information and communications technology.
UNICEF: United Republic of Tanzania
- Provides news, statistics, funding appeals and humanitarian action updates.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Tanzania
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Water Aid Matters in Africa
- Charitable organisation that aims to relieve sickness, promote good health and advance education by creating wells and irrigation systems for villagers in Tanzania. Includes information on programs and how to get involved.
Women Advancement Trust
- Established to promote the advancement of women through education, and by encouraging self-reliance.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2014 at 6:24:08 UTC -